StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nov 15 is the projected completion date for the Dempster extension road from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk NWT, very exciting. It seems the road is complete, they are just compacting and doing some painting of bridges, so it will be ready to test next Spring.

Who will be first to do that run on a Motorcycle I wonder?

http://ith.dot.gov.nt.ca/sites/default/files/august_progress_report.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
It would be a good way to break in a new bike, woudn't it?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I don't think I'll be the first. But one summer, I'm driving back to my hometown of Yellowknife, and while I'm that far north, you bet I'm gonna do the Dempster and drive all the way to Tuk! (I've actually visited Inuvik and Tuk multiple times, but not for decades, and always by air. It'll be fun to actually RIDE to those places!)

·
Administrator
6,165 Posts
No more Ice Road Truckers? :frown2: My favorite is Alex D - Ha Ha ha, Ho Ho Ho. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
From what I understand Mike (guy on Honda Ruckus) had made the before road opened by following crew. The bridges were already built an road connected through in April, they were just working on embankments and putting drain pipes. Gotta respect his social engineering skills but he did help road crew to plug tire and they took him for a ride.

Visited provinces:

Visited states:

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I read that new section may not be good for bikes for a number of years as it needs to pack down. It will be soft for a while and may be a tire shredder too, still, would be cool to see it new before all the hunters kill everything.

I am tempted to try that road again next year, I only got up to Eagle Plains this year before my shock blew. If I do go, I will lower my tire pressure a good chunk and add some gators to forks to keep dust/rocks off that shock. Also bring along a couple of fork seals just in case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts