StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I took a quick video around town of my relatively new Delkevic Tri-Oval install. Nothing exciting, but hopefully this helps anyone who is considering a set. I'm riding normally, speeds between 20-70ish. If this video is helpful I am tentatively planning on doing a few more, throw me a subscribe and let me know what might be cool to see!

Any advice or recommendations on the audio/video is appreciated, this is my first video where I speak at all.

https://youtu.be/ZZWHn1gJ8aw

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you closed your helmet visor the sound was reduced. Was mic in helmet??
Yessir. I run an external mic through the inner area of the helmet padding and back out right by the chin area (inside helmet). I also put a little foam cover over the mic to reduce some of the wind noise etc. Unfortunately I can still hear myself breathing in the recording, but its a huge quality difference over the mic being outside. Still learning this stuff, this was only the 2nd onboard video I've ever recorded

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you compare this to the Two Brothers before you bought your Delkevic?

I'm curious what you thought of the Two Brothers system. I look forward to your opinion.

Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I can vouch for the 14" Deklevic system. It sounds great, the 14" silencer "fits" visually in the space very nicely (IMO the 18" looks too long) and the entire system was surprisingly easy to install.

The only potential downside is that the connector pipe between the two headers hangs a little bit low, so I have some concerns about whether or not I'm going to have a problem with skid plates in the future. Otherwise I couldn't be happier with this system, especially for the incredibly low price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious what you thought of the Two Brothers system. I look forward to your opinion.

Thank you.
Hello,

I did, but unfortunately I wasn't able to compare the two in person. From previous experience, Two Brother's seem to run LOUD compared to other aftermarket options. I've had Delkevic before on two other bikes and liked the sound/build quality, so went with the "safe" bet

·
Registered
141 Posts
two brothers setup is very loud. but thats what i used the db killers for that they sell. dropped it to a strong but usable volume.

·
Registered
149 Posts
.......sounds great!

Sounds great. I love the low frequency rumble. I have the 14" oval on my L1 650. Install was easy and you can't beat the price.

Sp56

·
Registered
165 Posts
Any center stand clearance issues with the Delkevic?

Anybody running a Delkevic with a center stand? No issues?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts