StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Delkevic before on an NC700X. Good quality and sound pipe, and it came with a DB killer baffle. The problem is they don't make a kit for the V2 yet (+14 DL1000) so I bought one of their generic stainless silencers and went to town on some 2" elbows I have collected over various exhaust projects.

The ID of the OEM exhaust pipe is exactly the same size as the OD of 2" mandrel bends so I put a few cuts in the end of the pipe so the clamp would have something to press down into the custom bend I made. The first bend was about a 55 degree bend upward. That alone put too much of a slope in the pipe and the end of the silencer would hit the OEM hard bag, so I welded another partial bend kicking the pipe down at less of a steep angle. This pushed the pipe backwards a few more inches but no biggie.

Love the sound, just like the Yosh pipe. If anything I wish it was a bit louder but this works. It's not even remotely obnoxious.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Building post count to post pics

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zcvzvsfbsFBSFDBSDFB

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xcv bgngdh gdhdghgnsfgn

And apparently you can't post duplicate replies...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:serious::surprise:0:):smile2::nerd::frown2::kiss::grin2::wink2::laugh2:>:):crying2::fineprint::furious::confused:

:worthless:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG this is killing me smalls!!!

Reactions: blz2dwl

·
Registered
275 Posts
That worked well. Did a similar thing with a 2 brothers can when i first got my V2. All the brands were telling me 6 to 12 months before kits would be out. Bugger that says I. Cant carry that hoover any longer

Tom R

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hells yea! Make it work, and this only cost me $150. That can is quality, made in UK.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Got mine a month ago; "tits" I say. It is made in China but it appears they work quite closely with the company in UK. I have the full system for my Wee, cost $205 USD, delivered. Top notch people too deal with.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
I did a custom exhaust too, Chinese, cost me $18.99 plus $25 for a custom header at a local shop and another $15 for a couple of clamps. Huge improvement over stock in terms of sound and weight. I was worried it would not last very long but it is showing no sign of wear after many months.

There is no reason to spend $500+ on an exhaust that I can see.

·
Registered
103 Posts
+1. Paid $199 for the Delkevic 14" oval complete slip on kit for 14-17 1000, KIT04FN on their website.

Have just over 6000 miles on it, 200 offroad. With DB killer removed, I think its still quiet, but a LOT better then stock. The factory Cat and cross pipe really kill all the noise. I dont like overly loud pipes, so this one is about right.

Why spend a grand on exhaust.

Im saving my money for suspension.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1. Paid $199 for the Delkevic 14" oval complete slip on kit for 14-17 1000, KIT04FN on their website.

Have just over 6000 miles on it, 200 offroad. With DB killer removed, I think its still quiet, but a LOT better then stock. The factory Cat and cross pipe really kill all the noise. I dont like overly loud pipes, so this one is about right.

Why spend a grand on exhaust.

Im saving my money for suspension.

That might be just the ticket for what I am looking for in an after-market exhaust. How much smaller is it than the factory exhaust? I have ammo boxes installed with SW Motech mounts and I had to drop the factory down about an inch.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I have a GPR Italian made can that I like a lot. Sounds great and has a dB killer. About 330 usd on EBay and came with everything needed to mount.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How much smaller is it than the factory exhaust?
Quite a bit. I could fit my arm above the can, under the factory side case. I actually cut the included bracket and drilled a new hole to raise the can because it looked a bit low to me.

Theres enough twist on both ends of the adapter pipe to swivel the can into a bit different location if you can fab up a different bracket between can mount and factory exhaust bolt.

I can weld stainless, so would be easy in my mind.

Can get better pictures if youd like.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quite a bit. I could fit my arm above the can, under the factory side case. I actually cut the included bracket and drilled a new hole to raise the can because it looked a bit low to me.

Theres enough twist on both ends of the adapter pipe to swivel the can into a bit different location if you can fab up a different bracket between can mount and factory exhaust bolt.

I can weld stainless, so would be easy in my mind.

Can get better pictures if youd like.

I don't think that pictures better than what you have already shown are necessary, my big concerns are fitment, sound and performance. I have already deleted the exhaust servo and I am just trying to find an exhaust that will give me better performance than factory.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Think I spent over 2 grand on my total setup. Then there's the PCFC. Early in the game. If I had waited I probably could have saved a bunch. Never get even half back on resale. But then I'm old and still trying to think of new ways to spend all my remaining money. Not much of a challenge.:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a 17” tri-oval Delkevic on my 2014 1000. After the 1st ride, I came home and removed the dB killer. It was almost as quite as stock. Without the dB insert it has a nice mellow sound that will not wake your neighbors. Appears to be very well made. $225.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts