StromTrooper banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. First post.
Have a DL650 2015 XT
Just fitted 18" Delkevic. As Johnwe06 says above, the balance pipe sits lower than stock. I had to Macgyver the bash plate and its mounts to get it to fit by moving it forward ~50mm(2").
The 18" is plenty loud enough with Db in. Enough that Ive noticed people look up to see what was making all the racket. Certainly growls on closed throttle but not stupid loud. Barks if you come onto it.
Not certain, but I think fuel consumption is up a smidge. No fueling dodackies, just stock. Would like to have it logged and mapped, even if only to trim the fuel. Anyone in OZ able to do that or is PC module the only option?
Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Greatly appreciate the answer to my original question, so it appears modification will have to be made to the skid plate and the 9" is damn loud. And to my Aussie friends, thank you and may your white pointers be cadburys...not sure if I said it right

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a Delkevic 14” stainless steel on my 2015 Vstrom. Easy install, nice sound upgrade but did it mainly because I hated the way stock exhaust looked

Check out a quick video of the before and after

I did have minor problems with the skid plate! Had to get it lowered maybe half an inch

I am a Harley owner, but recently got interested Adventure/ Dual Sport bikes. Looked at a few KLR650s, but found the V-Strom fits the bill. So I just picked up a 2012 V-Strom ABS Adventure and I am very pleased with it!

However, I am not accustom to such a quiet exhaust. After doing some research, found the Delkevic Carbon Fiber 9" oval muffler is sold in the USA and sounds awesome. It is a 3/4 system for just under $300, so I am even more interested.

Want to ask if anyone has installed a delkevic system on their V-Strom, and had issues with the skid plate interfering (SW-Motech)?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just for another opinion. I put delkevics on my dl1000 and they helped add some sound but are very quiet compared to any other piped machine I have run. The way the exhaust is routed on these DL's 1000s, it's already getting back pressure and losing sound before it gets to the silencers. I have my quiet cores out of my delkevic pipes on my dl1000 and I still wouldn't consider it loud. They're fairly mild sounding even with slip ons. Now, if you could find or if they even make a full system that runs more direct, I imagine this bike could be loud, and it looks like on the 650's the pipes are more simple so you might get more sound of them. I recall a cousins sv650 with art pipe on it that was much louder due to it basically being a straight pipe until it hits the silencer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts