StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wee will be delivered Tuesday:hurray::thumbup:

I'm new here and new to the Wee, hey y'all! I probably won't be able to ride it for another 3 or 4 weeks because of knee replacement but I wanted to take advantage of the 0% from Suzuki.

Oh, I'm getting the Adventure. I ended up liking the all black look better.

Chuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have searched all over but can not find OEM accessories online. Anyone have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Welcome. I've had my 650 Adventure several months and like it more every time I ride it. I'll wager you'll be very happy with yours once your knee heals up and you get to "try it out."

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,331 Posts
I have searched all over but can not find OEM accessories online. Anyone have a link?
Go to the Suzuki motorcycle site, bring up the 2012 DL 650 page. You will find a tab there somewhere with "accessories". Copy the part number of the accessories you want and Google it. You might want to add "suzuki" to the search. I found that the best way to get a good price on the factory accessories I have.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Before you go wild on OEM accessories, discuss your needs here. Many aftermarket accessories are better quality and less expensive depending on what you are seeking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about a matching top box. What would you recommend?

Chuck

·
38,048 Posts
I was thinking about a matching top box. What would you recommend?
I would recommend buying the basic instead of the Adventure and equipping it the way you want. With the Adventure, you're pretty much stuck with the Suzuki Top box. It's a good one, though expensive. Talk to your dealer. Suzuki has screwed up the accessory page in a major way. Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2012 - DL650AADV - Accessories - Luggage - 990D0-ALTCE-038 lists the aluminum top case but shows the plastic one and lists Top Case Carrier Plate and Top Case Installation Kit as necessary even though the Adventure has the plate installed. Anyway, you wind up paying about $550 to add a top case in addition tho the $1500 premium of the Adventure over the basic.

·
38,048 Posts
Greywolf,
I see that you added the Adventure style side cases to your bike. How much did they cost? (from where)
TIA,
Steve
Nope. I got SW-Motech quick release racks from Twisted Throttle and Givi E36 side cases from sporttour.com

You might have seen this pic that is not my bike.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Question

Hey Greywolf... how many miles were on your wee before moving up to the 2012? Motivation for trading up, or was this a simple five years new bike deal? ....33k and climbing here...=)

·
38,048 Posts
I had a bit over 77,000 miles on the Wee. I went for a Glee mainly because I couldn't answer questions on it very well without one.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Kudos

I had a bit over 77,000 miles on the Wee. I went for a Glee mainly because I couldn't answer questions on it very well without one.
Your a helper to the core =)

·
38,048 Posts
I do like the bike and the chance to build one the way I wanted too.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Good as any reason to buy another bike. :yesnod:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure which is worse, my knee pain or not being able to ride a brand new bike that is sitting in the basement.

Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greywolf

Curious why you went with the SW Motech racks instead of Givi racks. Cost? Availability?

I had the E36 bags on my Vee and liked them. Not too fat, not to skinny, just right.

·
38,048 Posts
I had SW-M racks on my Wee as Givi didn't make removable racks at the time. I just went with the same brand on the Glee. They had a fit problem But I got them to work okay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts