StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, came out to this, on my bike. No clue what happened.

Can just the switch be replaced? Or, is this one of those "have to fix whole assembly and will cost 100,000,000, for a 10 cent piece of plastic" fixes?

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like, according to online fiches, that can only be replaced as an assembly. No individual parts available. You might be able to scrounge a switch tab somewhere and patch it back together. Never had one apart on a Wee. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
If you seldom use the emergency flasher you could cover it with electrical tape and call it good. Aggravating when some one messes with other peoples stuff. Looks like a whack with a hammer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For reals, Violated is IT. I haven't even had the poor thing a month yet! grrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
369 Posts
Had a flat once rolling away from a lunch stop. Had noticed three teens hanging out by the bike from the eatery window. Pulled the broken tip of a pocket knife out of the tire.
Why do a$$es do this?? Because they are. Sorry you got stung.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hopefully your bad luck is over and done. you could either look into using a small piece of plastic and the appropriate glue or look for a used switch assembly on ebay. I think I would look into gluing it. let us know how it turns out.

·
Administrator
5,038 Posts
Sorry This happened. $170 worth. Perhaps rather that a complete new assembly you can epoxy something over the top - but it would always be there to remind you.

In my experience scum like that will most likely be back so you need to take measures to protect your bike. A bike cover will help. Perhaps an interference alarm as well? The best though is to get it out of sight.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
As RLBranson said, I have seen used ones on Ebay for cheap.
There are a lot of theses bikes around (not where I live) and used parts will show up more and more.

I just checked EBay. I put in for used parts under $35.
There's both handle bar switches for $30 shipped.
They are from an earlier model so you'll have to pick the brains of some more knowledgeable people in here than me as to if it will fit.

That was on the first page...there are a lot of pages.....js

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anarchist wannabes jealous of people who actually work and own stuff. Portland is full of them. +1 on the epoxy something to it as a repair. Annoying but it'll up your street cred, right? Good luck with it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
if you make an insurance claim, it will raise your rates. Insurance companies do not like to be nickle n dime-ed and they respond accordingly (if you file once for a $170 switch you will bug them again). Best bet is to watch ebay and/or salvage yards. Here are two:
Greentown Motorcycle Salvage, 2365 State Street, Uniontown, OH 44685
330 499-9768

Pinwall Cycle Parts, 635 3rd Street NW, Massillon, OH 44647
330 879-9910

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like Brockie's idea: FWIW my son's bike attracted attention over a couple of weeks while parked on the street in front of his apartment. I ended up having to replace the lock component after a screwdriver stuffed the existing. I made the most ugly POS cover out of a couple of shower curtains, duct tape, and an old bike cover. No problems after that went onto the bike..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know hwat years might be compatible with 2013 wiring for this? Are they swappable within reason? The 2012 looks close, at least has same switches etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts