StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only ridden the wee twice so far and am loving it.
I did a ride a couple of weeks ago. 1400km over 3 days which was all paved roads. My riding will be 99.95% bitumen.

I half expected the pegs to drag on the road since they're pretty low.
Over the 3 days the left peg ball slowly disappeared.
On the right side, the bash plate touches down at the rear before the peg.

I don't mind if pegs touch the road because they fold up. I got to the point of slowing on right handers. The thought of the rear picking up mid corner
doesn't do much for conifdence.

Needless to say, I've removed the bash plate.

Anyone had a similar experience?

·
Registered
113 Posts
How are you riding? The more you lean off the bike into turns, the more ground clearance you'll have :)

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Post some photos of your cornering. note whether you are leaning your body down toward the surface (good!) or up away from the surface (natural, bad reaction).

·
Registered
615 Posts
I recently de-farkled my bike quite a bit.

Off: Front Light bar with HID accessory lights and wiring that goes with it.

Off: Side bags and SWMotech frames

Off: Tank bag and locking fuel tank ring

Off: Crash bars. The same ones most people have.

Off: Rear footpeg rubbers (I hate that they slide around), Plastic covers on the windscreen screws (those things scream: CHEAP!)

On: DL1000 Sasquatch shock. Love it. Love it a lot.

I like my bike much better now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Unfarkling?

Has your bike been lowered by previous owner? :confused: I'd keep the crashbars, plastic is expensive and not always in stock in your colour. A small off can cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$.:yikes:
I must be a squib I've never come close to touching a footpeg down in a corner on my wee.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here I am on the DR at a track day.
No scraping here. I miss that bike.

I know I don't hang off much but hanging off a wee just doesn't seem right anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has your bike been lowered by previous owner? :confused: I'd keep the crashbars, plastic is expensive and not always in stock in your colour. A small off can cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$.:yikes:
I must be a squib I've never come close to touching a footpeg down in a corner on my wee.
I'm keeping everything else on it. The crash bars are such a good idea.
I've wondered myself if it's been lowered.:headbang: I suppose I should measure the seat height.

·
Registered
103 Posts
touch down

I have the extended feelers on my pegs (1 inch) touch them down every now and then, have full bash plate and it never touchs ground.I weigh 170lbs and have preload cranked to max on rear. no chicken strips on tires. Suspension might be soft or bike lowered. Riding crossed up dirt tracker style will of course lean bike over farther and weight suspension more.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Note how your shoulders are tipped away from the turn in the photo of you on the track.

Try this shortly before a turn.
--balls of your feet on the pegs
--twist on the seat toward the turn. Don't slide off the seat, but twist on it so your outside knee is against the tank for support.
--lean your upper body toward the inside of the turn so you're looking past or over the mirror. You are supporting yourself with your inside foot on the peg and your outside knee against the tank.
--maintain pressure against the outside grip to hold a straight line
--at your turning point, relax the outside arm and push with the inside hand to countersteer into the turn.
--pull with your inside hand to end the turn
--set up the same way for the next turn
----This is not dirt nor supermoto technique----

Also note the direction of your head in your photo. Look at the exit of your turn--look all the way through the turn. Point your chin at the exit so you're keeping your eyes level. Tipping the head (not level eyes) is disorienting in some cases.

For myself, leaning the body into the turn just before the turn starts gives me the feeling of taking control of the turn, not just reacting into the turn.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks PT.
There's another track day in a couple of weeks. I may even print this off and take it with me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts