StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out where the heated grips connector gets its power and to see what else is on the same circuit. Tracing the wires in the schematic back from the heated grip connector led to some symbols in the wiring diagram that I don't understand.

The rectangle labeled "Fuse Box" contains some symbols in the upper right-hand corner. What's that little square with a G and O/Y wires going into it? To the right of that is a something that looks like a closed switch, one end of which is connected to an O/B wire and the other to the O/Y wire. Is it a switch? If so, which switch? Then to the right of that are two circles, one with plus and the other with a minus with Br and Lbl wires going to them respectively. What do they represent? I assume they're positive and negative voltage sources, but I don't understand what they're doing in the corner of the fuse box diagram.

Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The heated grip connector is powered off the #5 signals fuse. It also powers the turn signals and brake lights. The little square is the side stand relay. It prevents the engine from running in gear with the side stand down. The thing to the right is the turn signals flasher relay. The Br and Lbl are the wires to the flasher relay. The rectangle made up of dotted lines represents the box that contains the parts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much.

My hard-copy (paper) manual, the K7 version, doesn't have the rectangle made up of dotted lines.

Checking the PDF of the K4 manual I see the dotted line rectangle. It also conveniently has numbers that identify the side stand relay and the flasher relay.

I wonder why they took those out of the later diagram. Must have been a drafting error when they updated the diagram to show the K7 changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts