StromTrooper banner

what brand do you have or plan to buy?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of adding farkles, jesse bags on order, bags connection tank bag and factory hand guards installed. Looking for advise and opinions on crash bars to start. I hve read around some on the forum but it would be nice if members could post pics and a brief review of what they have. I have added a few brands to tne poll feel free to pm me if i missed anything.
Btw mine is the white on black base model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have any closeup pictures, but I the Altrider stainless crashbars on my 2011. They come in plain stainless or black. There were easy to put on, and the machining was super precise.

(Bigger pic)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any closeup pictures, but I the Altrider stainless crashbars on my 2011. They come in plain stainless or black. There were easy to put on, and the machining was super precise.

(Bigger pic)
Hey Noexit,

Altrider is definetly a contender and they look good on your bike, would love to see how they mate with the lines on the 2012!

Chris

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm using SVRacingparts sliders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AltRider bars and skidplate on the wife's 2012. Would definitely buy again. They look and fit great and are also functional :blushing:

Tipover at 0.063 MPH a slight scuff on handguards was the only other damage. Paid for themselves right there....

·
Registered
72 Posts
AltRider bars and skidplate on the wife's 2012. Would definitely buy again. They look and fit great and are also functional :blushing:

Tipover at 0.063 MPH a slight scuff on handguards was the only other damage. Paid for themselves right there....
A piece of cardboard to put behind it, and a little black spray paint, and you'll never know it happened! :thumbup:

NO Hepco & Becker engine guards in the poll (that's what I have).

·
Registered
700 Posts
You saw mine a couple of weeks back, but here is another look. OEM Suzuki as part of the Canadian EXP package. A good deal as part of the package and I am happy with them but I would have likely gone aftermarket if I had to purchase them separately.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Givi on my bike - haven't tested them yet...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Another vote for the Altriders. I've had the SW Motech, and the Hepco&Becker bars and they were really flimsy compared to the Altriders. Rust was a big problem on the HB's and they made the fairing extremely hard to take off. Vibration, and bolts shearing off were also a problem.

The Altriders are a much higher quality unit. Also got the frame sliders to go with them.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I had a similar setup on my pictured '07 Wee that low sided at about 20mph. That rashed the slider heavily and the mirror, passenger footpeg carrier and handguard lightly. There was also a tiny paint mark on the SW-Motech engine guard that made me think it was almost totally uninvolved. The slider on the Glee extends out a bit farther. The typical 0mph drop will be fine. A drop at speed can roll over any guard. My '06 had a dent on the top of the gas tank and a rashed top box lid but it went down at high speed.

·
1,237 Posts
I use sw-motech new bars on my 2012.
They are 27mm thick the previous ones were 21.3mm.
Very beefy and out wide enough to prevent anything hitting the ground. :thumbup:

Reactions: MotorcycleJacket

·
Registered
635 Posts
My Givi's showed up today and I just finished installing them. They are awesome, fit and finish is first rate. They look like the were designed for the '12 but are only listed on TT as for the pre '12. I can assure they fit very well and even the finish is a matte black that matches the black plastic on the bike very well.

I'm very pleased, now onto the Yann skid plate, the icing on the cake!

The jury is still out on the plastic guards, but they came with it and I'd rather replace a piece of plastic than touch up a scratched metal bar. We'll see. Note how well the angle of the bars matches the angle of the fins on the fairing, as I said, it looks like it was truly designed just for the '12.

This joining coupling was interesting, and it uses two O-rings where each bar joins the union, it might help with vibes. Not road tested yet. The Yann plate will soon cover it up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Interesting to see the plastic guards on the Givi bars. I just mounted a tool tube on the left and right HB crash guards. They are to carry my tire repair supplies, but I suppose that they can also serve as guards to the crash bars.

·
Registered
362 Posts
?gaiters GW

Hi greywolf -- I see those fork gaiters on your bike in the reply re the drop knobs -- does a person have to remove the forks to install gaiters? -- like, are there options re this? thanks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts