StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there's anything planned for December? If I might make a suggestion, maybe we could put together something on the east side of the state for a change. Maybe something in the Ormond Beach-St. Augustine region.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just got my Wee the end of October. I missed the Nov meet n greet cause I had to work. December I'm off 9 & 10th. The rest of the month is all booked up for me! If I miss two in a row I'll choke.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
The weather has been absolutely perfect! We rode through much of south west Georgia over Thanksgiving (700 miles in three days) and had glorious weather. A ride in December sounds great and the St. Augustine area would be fun. Anyone over that way who could propose a route and meeting spot? Any weekend is open for us so far. I'm also off work the entire week between Christmas and New Years. They basically shut UF down for that week.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Winnie, how abour you and Rick put together something for the December ride? gotta be some good roads up by you. Robert and I are trying to get together to do a ride down here in our area, but we have conflicting schedules lately.
Might have to get together between the holidays with you since you will be on extended furlough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
inland from St. Augustine?

Here's a possible or at least get some ideas going. This is meeting in Green Cove at Huddle House or maybe Hilltop Restaurant. 13 south along st johns, some good roads around Welaka to lunch at 3 Banana's on Crescent Lake. About 90 miles as is.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Rick and I were talking about doing a River Ride sometime over the Christmas break week! Something centered around the SantaFe and Suwannee river area. There are lots of nice roads and High Springs (Floyds Restaurant) would be a great end point. I’ll get to work on it. Give me some ideas on what day might be good. Christmas is on a Monday. I’m up for any day that week.

I still think the route starting at Green Cove springs also sounds great. I’m up for both. How about we get that one scheduled for a weekend and the River Ride for Christmas week? Unless there is some rule about not doing two rides in one month :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Rick amd Winnie, if you guys ride during the week, let me know.
Being totally retired make for everyay riding.

Have a Florida State Softball Tournament the weekend of the 9 and 10 but take lots of pictures so I can drool.

Merry Christmas ALL.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Charlie and all,

We will scout out a possible route this weekend and come back with a proposal. Charlie I might elicit some help putting together a map. We are kind of old fashioned. No GPS or mapping software. For us it’s paper maps and seat of the pants reckoning. Actually it’s usually: this road seems to be heading in the right direction, let’s give it a try :)

I had thought about getting Rick a GPS for Christmas but he already had a list of wanted farkles for his bike. Man HD knows how to make $ from bike bling.

Winnie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just wondering if there's anything planned for December? If I might make a suggestion, maybe we could put together something on the east side of the state for a change. Maybe something in the Ormond Beach-St. Augustine region.
Here's another option for a ride that is more on the east side of florida. Also lunches at 3 Banana's but starts in Winter Garden and covers some excellent roads.

I'm riding this route with some fellow Concours owners on December 9th and of course if the VSTROM ride you folks come up with isn't on the 9th, you're more than welcome to join us. I'll post back the kick stands up time & place when we pin it down.
Ride fun.

EDIT: See below 3 posts for kickstands up time and location.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've ridden that Old 50 & 455 route several times. It's a nice ride. It's one of those sections where the roads have actual hills and don't look so Florida flat.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
No matter where the rides start, they always tend to end up around Lake, Sumter, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus. I think it's a plot. So who knows that area north of Tallahassee? The group has never explored that and I know there's hills up there.

Rod
05 Wee
Riverview, FL

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've ridden that Old 50 & 455 route several times. It's a nice ride. It's one of those sections where the roads have actual hills and don't look so Florida flat.
Yep. I'm always trying for changes in elevation as well as curves (and scenery). 312 ft on Sugarloaf mountain.... one of the reasons I use the mapping program I do...it shows me the elevation as I move the mouse.

The Concours ride that you're all welcome to join (usually only 6 to 12 Connies show) is on for the 9th and will be kickstands up at 10:30AM from the IHOP on 50 (I believe just east of Vineland (535)). See the map 2 posts above.

IHOP
13603 W Colonial Dr
Winter Garden, FL 34787
(407) 656-5321

If anyone from the Gainesville area is riding down, I am meeting a few riders at I-75 Exit 74 - (384) FL Route 121, Gainesville, Williston Road. There is a mobil station east of the interstate. Let's try to leave there by 7AM so we can take the 2 lane route down and be at IHOP by 9:30 to eat a sit down breakfast. If it's a ride, we might as well ride a lot. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Concours ride that you're all welcome to join (usually only 6 to 12 Connies show) is on for the 9th and will be kickstands up at 10:30AM from the IHOP on 50 (I believe just east of Vineland (535)). See the map 2 posts above.

IHOP
13603 W Colonial Dr
Winter Garden, FL 34787
(407) 656-5321

If any of you guys/gals can join us, your pretty much assured of a good time. Roy lays out a good route and is a great ride leader. You will also find the Concours guys to be a great bunch to ride and hang out with.

·
Registered
413 Posts
OK, bending any new info from Winnie, I'll pencil in the invite from flrdr and readytoride. I like that section of old50. I normally cut back east down sr46 from Mount Dora in order to head back in the direction of the house but it will be fun to continue north.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts