StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put the route in the GPS and the ride on the calendar. See y'all there and Merry Christmas!
Hey Mike, If you (and anyone else that this route makes sense for) haven't locked in your route to Alachua for the start of the ride, this is an excellent one from where you are (145 miles)
Ride fun.
Roy

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Mike, If you (and anyone else that this route makes sense for) haven't locked in your route to Alachua for the start of the ride, this is an excellent one from where you are (145 miles)
Ride fun.
Roy
I hadn't really given much thought to the ride up, but you can bet I'll have a look at this...See you there?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are there any rules about riding back to back days on vacation? We are committed to going over to the Blackwater Inn on Saturday the 30th.

Let you know when we get closer to the date if I can make it.

Happy Holidays everyone....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be coming from Ocala, What are the landmarks for the starting point when I am headed North on 441?????
As you're almost to alachua, the speed limit will drop to 55 then 45 as you go up and over a two lane and a railroad track on an overpass. On the other side look up the side hill on the right and there will be a convenience store gas station followed by a several business building. Browns Country Restaurant is up there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK, where is Blackwater Inn?

tks
Astor, where SR40 crosses the St. Johns river. (roughly midway between Ocala and Ormond Beach) It's a get-together/RTE put on by the Concours Owners Group. Strommers and Coggers blend nicely, I think you would enjoy it. See below, as taken from their forum:

LAST BLAST BEFORE……..#3

The “other” year-end, “Ride to Eat” in sunny North Florida

The Concours Owners Group invites all riders (LD riders too) to beautiful, Astor, FL for the annual Last Blast Before…….#3.

DATE: December 30th, 2006

LOCATION: The Blackwater Inn located on the beautiful St. Johns river.

TIME: Early arrivals, 10:30 A.M. Lunch: 11:45 A.M.

The Blackwater Inn specializes in local seafood and all manner of comfort food for your enjoyment. Check their website for all the details of this great eatery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. We are planning on this ride! 06 dl650 10k already. Are other bikes welcome? I ride with 'Busa's and Bandit's and just about anything else!! Probably just me and my honey on this ride.
I love seeing another Strom on the road!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, rides two days in a row are a real tough sell at my house, but I can probably do one of them. I'm leaning towards the Blackwater ride, if they'll have me. It starts closer to home, and I don't do much riding in that area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, rides two days in a row are a real tough sell at my house, but I can probably do one of them. I'm leaning towards the Blackwater ride, if they'll have me. It starts closer to home, and I don't do much riding in that area.
Note: that the Blackwater ride is more of a Ride-To-Eat. I am not aware of a ride heading out of there before or after the gathering. You are of course welcome and I'm aware of 7 non concours riders coming from as far as savannah. I believe a post said last year had 40 or 50 folks show up. Maybe some pick up a ride after, I don't know as I have not attended a previous one.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it OK to have a friend tag-along that does not have a V-Strom?
Dave,
If you are asking about the Dec 29 ride all are welcome. My neighbors (Todd and Linda) may join us. He rides a KLR and his wife a Ninja. Rick, my sweetie, rides a HD Sportster.
So far the possible group is looking like:
Rick & Winnie
Charlie
Mike
Roy
Dave
Lou
Todd & Linda
Ride time 10:30

A very Merry Christmas Eve to all

1 - 20 of 35 Posts