StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting rid of the insipid Vstrom decals and putting on some large decals...maybe a Japanese/Chinese character or something. What do you think? This is a mock up with the Chinese symbol for "shadow".

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Maybe I'll put - be a flirt...lift your shirt! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tried yet. I'm waiting until I receive the decals to see how they look before I start in on them. There are a few threads about it on here somewhere and a few people had an easier time if it and a few others struggled (I think sandpaper may have been mentioned :lol: )

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I've seen those but they don't really do it for me. I want it to be somewhat unique. I like what Heikkil did here.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went ahead an removed the decals today. I still don't have my decals yet and have no idea of the status of the order because it will not display on decalzone.com. :?
The decals come off ridiculously easy with a hair dryer. Start them with a credit card or similar implement and you can slowly peel it off (while heating) without leaving much, if any, residue. The warning stickers (emissions, rack capacity limit, etc) on the frame and rear rack are much more difficult. Be prepared to spend some time on them. :( It took maybe 10 minutes to get the actual bike decals off and another 1/2 hour for the warning stickers.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the decals this afternoon (right after my rant about not knowing the status :roll: ). It's hard to see but the outline is metallic silver and the fill is dark gray. It rerally goes well with the rest of the bike. Here is what it looks like...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decalzone.com - they have a lot of different Chinese/Japanese & other characters to choose from and you can pick the colors, etc. This particualr symbol means "shadow".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts