StromTrooper banner

Decal part numbers?

846 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  greywolf
I need to get a new decal for the right hand side of my blue '05 Wee's fairing. I'm probably just going to stick with stock decals. Does anyone have the part number for the proper colored decal for my DL650?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,249 Posts

· Premium Member
432 Posts
It's one of the parts listed here, but not sure which one is which side: Ronayers.com Microfiche Suzuki>Motorcycle>2005>DL650 V-STROM>SIDE COWLING MODEL K5

You could also just remove the decal on the left. I pulled them off both my stroms as soon as I got them home.
For the price, I would leave it as is or do as you suggest by pulling off the one on the other side. I thought valve cover gaskets were expensive. These decals are even more so. By the way, I reused my valve cover gaskets after doing my valve check last week. No leaks.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fairing is scraped up on that side from a previous owner's fall prior to the crash bars. The most scratched up part is dead center in the decal and worn all the way through the paint. Without a new paint job on that panel, it needs a new decal. I'm contemplating an aftermarket decal as well.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
You'd be better off replacing the panel. It comes with a decal and painting it to look as good as new is expensive.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured the cheapest solution would be to just put a different decal back on. It's not supposed to be a pretty bike, but I don't want to bear the very visible markings of someone else's tipover.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
Like I said, replace the panel. Nothing else will look nearly as good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.