StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of us have seen the side decal kit with the 1000 Vstrom logo for the side of the bike -

There is also a decal kit for the Beak and front cowling which looks to add a bit of styling to the beak and black plastic surrounding the headlight.

Here is is applied to a DL1000. I think it looks really good and helps to give the bike an Adventure look. :thumbup:

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
You, sir, are a raving enthusiast! I'm not sure the very fine font for the 1000 makes the bike more adventurous but it certainly looks good.
I can't see myself having a steady enough hand to self mount them properly though. I had trouble making straight pin stripes with the tape on my side car rig.
Farkle on!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can't see myself having a steady enough hand to self mount them properly though. I had trouble making straight pin stripes with the tape on my side car rig.
There is a trick to mounting those decals. You get a spray bottle of water, mist the area, place the decal and then use a squeegee to remove the water from underneath. :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had to google Chimay. Sound more exotic than Bud, for sure.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Looks good.
Makes that silver pane on the tank not such an eye sore to me!
But does make me think of Woody Wood Pecker more :biggrinjester:
Mike

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like the look of the new Vee, and the decals do add some visual interest....but it really does make me think of a portrait of Woody Woodpecker done by Picasso.:confused:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The disgusting beak loos like it can be easily removed and thrown into the garbage where it belongs.
A week ago I would have agreed with you, as I've been one of the more vocal people here against the beek on the Veek, with plenty of photoshops to accompany my opinion.

But, the folks who say to wait and see it in person are right. After seeing it in the flesh at the IMS show last week I now agree it is a good-lookin' machine and I've called off the search for an affordable 3D printer that would allow me to create some kind of plug or alternative shape to replace the beak.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice work!

I wiki-ed it. :fineprint:
http://stromtrooper.wikispaces.com/Appearance

They are nick named 'Fox Orange Decals', if you have a better name please let me know
I wish I could take the credit, but these are actually OEM decals that will be provided by Suzuki with part numbers and all.

I just found them to be a nice addition to the accessories offered by Suzuki and decided to start a thread about them so others could see. We all had pretty much seen previews and images of the 1000 decal on the side, but not many pics of this decal kit were out there.

So I think you should make a change to your Wiki as I have no part in the creation of these decals and I feel it would be wrong to offer me any credit.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I wish I could take the credit, but these are actually OEM decals that will be provided by Suzuki with part numbers and all.

I just found them to be a nice addition to the accessories offered by Suzuki and decided to start a thread about them so others could see. We all had pretty much seen previews and images of the 1000 decal on the side, but not many pics of this decal kit were out there.

So I think you should make a change to your Wiki as I have no part in the creation of these decals and I feel it would be wrong to offer me any credit.
Thanks. Fixed it.
Can you point me to the part #?

·
Registered
205 Posts
A week ago I would have agreed with you, as I've been one of the more vocal people here against the beek on the Veek, with plenty of photoshops to accompany my opinion.

But, the folks who say to wait and see it in person are right. After seeing it in the flesh at the IMS show last week I now agree it is a good-lookin' machine and I've called off the search for an affordable 3D printer that would allow me to create some kind of plug or alternative shape to replace the beak.
I checked it out at the IMS as well, and while it does look better in person as most bikes do, the side view just kills, and that cyclops eye above that big beak isn't doing it any favors either, so for me, no, it's plenty ugly even in person, and at the very least that beak has got to go.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts