StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To take the 2011 stickers off the tank I didn't even have to use heat. Just start peeling it with your nail and then keep pressure on it and pull back. It took like 15 minutes to take them off, rub a little goo be gone where the outline of the stickers use to be and throw a little wax on them.

I think looks good debadged.

I did one side starting from the front and one side starting from the back and the starting from the front and peeling back was the easiest with the least "break offs" (little pieces left behind).

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Now it'll pass for a BMW.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
.................................or a with those cases a KLR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Strider,

I've been contemplating the same idea since I got my 2011 Wee two weeks ago. I keep looking at those big decals and thinking... no... no... no...

Thanks for the info on peeling them off. I'd been afraid to start for fear I'd end up with a mess. Came here this morning to search for info on how to do that and your thread popped up at the top of the Wee board. How awesome is that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I now know the next thing I will be doing to my bike. Thanks for posting. We have some brutal sun here in the summer and it destroys decals (even good ones) rather quickly. I like the clean lines better anyway.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Nice classy look.

I added a simple round Suzuki "S" decal that has a black background and Silver "S". Found it somewhere on eBay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fantastic looking black Wee.

I've got a 'new to me' 2009 orange one I'd like to debadge, but am wondering if the paint might be faded which would leave behind the outline of the decals? Anyone debadged their older Wee?

·
Registered
707 Posts
The Turtle

I stripped my baby about six months ago.

I had more trouble with the ABS stickers on the fenders than anything else. I still need to rub something on those sticky spots. I have since rebadged with some personalized custom stickers. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the new stickers, but if you think Nascar, you'll have the general idea. :beatnik:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nekkid Stroms

As long as we're posting nekkid pictures...

I have the HT boxes on it now also but I don't have a photo with the boxes mounted yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn it, that does look good! Especially because of the black. The problem these Stroms' have is that massive slab side, that just looks like a blank billboard when nothing's on it, but in your case... WOW! What a much cleaner, classier look. Don't do a thing, it looks 10Grand more expensive than it's worth. Why didn't I get black?:headbang:

·
Registered
326 Posts
In cog neat o

:iagree:

pealing the decals was one of the very first things i did to the LRW

if they have to ask what she is, let 'em wonder...

the colour is beautiful

why screw it up w/ bling?

FARKLES are another subject

shiny side up

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Basic black looks just great!
I had a 94 Bandit 400 that was just plain black. It sure worked for me.
What happened to the minimalist approach to bike design?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Any one taken them off of a blue wee? I've been contemplating doing it but not sure how it would look?

Pics please!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I took them off my 05 blue Wee and it looks great. Earlier someone mentioned mistaking the Strom for a BMW. We were riding in Vermont last year (Route 100) and stopped for a soda at a convenience/gas station. I was on the Wee and wife on the Transalp. Bunch of Harley riders in the parking lot told us how much they liked our BMW's.

R

·
0 Posts
Bunch of Harley riders in the parking lot told us how much they liked our BMW's.
I hate to single out this particular group but at one gas station, a Harley rider asked how I was enjoying riding in North America.
He read the license plate and assumed that British Columbia was indeed part of the UK.
I think these mistakes are easily made after hours of thundering exhaust systems. They say something similar was used by the KGB to break cold war spies.(might not be true)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts