StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new VStrom rider out of LA. A few of us are headed out of Los Angeles early Saturday morning and heading to Death Valley with an overnight stay in Beatty, NV. All type bikes are welcome as we have some cruisers and a couple of Goldwings. Don't know who is showing up yet but all are welcomed to join us. We are riders and 2 of us just did a 3 day 1000 mile round trip up to Carson City...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Enjoy the ride. As you probably know it is a GREAT trip! I took a full day there in late September as part of a 12 day tour. Stayed overnight in Lone Pine, early start to catch the sunrise, and meandered around before overnighting in Las Vegas. There were some great side trails along the canyon walls to the west of the valley, coming from Lone Pine, that were perfect Strom territory! Wish I could have spent more time there...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's gonna be a blast... thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Found a few pics from my trip as you prepare to head out:

Sunrise over Death Valley from the West

Western Entrance from the West

The Aforementioned Canyon Ridge Trail

The Long Road Down

The "Depths" of the Valley :)

Desert Sense of Humor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great pics... I've ridden through on a cruiser... this is the 1st time on the strom... looking forward to the trip...

·
Registered
33 Posts
99% sure

I am pretty sure I can make this ride, could you let me know your route from La, I can get to palm springs I-10 area if you are coming that way. shoot me an email. Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ride info

I guess this rides not taking place! I have had no response. I will be in death valley anyway. Tom W.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts