StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm starting to think about my New Years Ride to Death Valley
Its a Great way to kick off the New Year.
Details will be posted at a later date as far as time and meet point.
But the day will be Saturday January 2nd.
Come to Vegas and party for New Years and have time to recover for the ride the 2nd.
Ride in, Trailer in or Fly in and rent a bike!
Come to Vegas and we can ride to Death Valley to warm up!
If we are friends on Facebook I have created an event and probably sent you an invite.
Who's In?
Mike

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will have to look at timing, maybe we can work a Salvation Mtn run in too!
Mike

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'd love to join you blokes but the wife and surgeries and such make planning a bother. Where are you staying?
I hate to hear that, it seems like she's been struggling for quite awhile. I hope things improve soon!
I'm staying on Las Vegas Blvd near the Blue Diamond road.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like she needs a trip too Vegas!
Sorry to hear and wish her the best!
Mike

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Giving this a bump.
Always a fun ride and with all the rain and closed roads this might go dual sport>:)
This should have clean roads by New Years.
Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm definitely considering it. I live in LA but have friends to visit in Vegas. Or I may just ride out to meet up in Vegas. I doubt I'll be interested in dual sport riding as I have some decidedly street oriented tires on the bike and I won't be looking to change before then.

Would I get left behind if I only wanted to stay on pavement?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ride asphalt 99.9%, the dual sport joke was because of the washed out roads from the recent rains.
I usually have a few cruisers along so the ride will be oriented to being cruiser friendly.
Usually the only dirt encountered by most would be the parking area for breakfast in Shoshone at The Crow Bar.
Hope to see you for the ride.
Mike

I'm definitely considering it. I live in LA but have friends to visit in Vegas. Or I may just ride out to meet up in Vegas. I doubt I'll be interested in dual sport riding as I have some decidedly street oriented tires on the bike and I won't be looking to change before then.

Would I get left behind if I only wanted to stay on pavement?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I ride asphalt 99.9%, the dual sport joke was because of the washed out roads from the recent rains.
I usually have a few cruisers along so the ride will be oriented to being cruiser friendly.
Usually the only dirt encountered by most would be the parking area for breakfast in Shoshone at The Crow Bar.
Hope to see you for the ride.
Mike
I think its closer to 99.87% because there is often some dirt across the Artists Palette road..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At the last check Artist Pallet was closed due to flash flooding.
Still a lot of roads out of service but by New Years what we usually do should be opened back up.
Mike

I think its closer to 99.87% because there is often some dirt across the Artists Palette road..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
At the last check Artist Pallet was closed due to flash flooding.
Still a lot of roads out of service but by New Years what we usually do should be opened back up.
Mike
You always have a good one set up...I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys. 2mstone tipped me off to this ride. Looks like it will be a good one. Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one because I will be in the middle of a move at that time. But I will definitely be interested in meeting up at some point in the future for another ride.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hey guys. 2mstone tipped me off to this ride. Looks like it will be a good one. Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one because I will be in the middle of a move at that time. But I will definitely be interested in meeting up at some point in the future for another ride.
Vegashotwheeler does it every year. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts