StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to make this event every year in April and just wanted to share the info. The week has single track, dual sport and adventure riders all week, it is not limited to just dirt but some riders keep it on the blacktop.

http://my2wheels.com/forum/showthrea...ght=gold+point

Just to give everyione a heads up on the weekend the official Gold Point 2012 weekend will be April 21st and 22nd of 2012.

2011 ride report - http://my2wheels.com/forum/showthrea...ght=gold+point

Several riders each year get together on either saturday or sunday and ride a loop about 180 miles through Death Valley seeing the crater, race track, down to saline valley and back there are some attached previous years ride reports.

Others do road rides to death valley...there is just so much to see....if you like to ride you will love this trip.

Herb serves Breakfast and dinner for us see the food thread here- Gold Point Annual Ride Menu RSVP - my2wheels.com

He will also cook for those who arrive earlier in the week we just have to let him know when we rsvp our spots.

It will be a weekend of riding for all bikes, road, adventure, dual sport, ATV's, 4wheelers, 4X4's etc...

Looking forward to another excellent year of riding and for those who have never ridden there before you can ride 100 plus miles in any direction and see some amazing scenery. Trails from a rating of 0 to 10....

Rv Spots $15.00 a night / 11 Spots available
Call or email Herb to RSVP here E-Mail: [email protected]
Or Call 775-482-4653.
Cabin rentals - Vary in price see below link
http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/HT...servations.htm

Camping - There is plenty of open area to camp for tenters just pull up a spot with one of the RV's and call it yours. We are asked to give a donation for RV's and Tents. Tents are not expected to pay as much as the RV's.
RV Spots - Herb has 11 RV spots with electricty one with 50 amp, sewer, no water but a water tank for refills can be brought to the RV when needed.
For those of you who have never been there or have been there before please use this thread to ask questions or share your experiences.
We will be having daily rides, miles upon miles of trails and things to see. Gold Point is at the North end of death valley and you can gain access to death valley after just a few miles of dirt road.

Some riders will be riding through Death valley to go sight seeing on during the weekend.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Great time here for anyone interested:thumbup:
I'm out this year because I'm doing the Vstrom Rally in Lake Havasu this same weekend.
If anyone is interested I could give you my planned ride for this year or the ride we did last year.
Mike

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Bump for a fun getaway.
If your not doing this you should do Havasu at least for the Gathering the same weekend.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts