StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I pay a little over $300 for the year with progressive, Full Coverage, 250 deductible, I also have trip interruption incase the bike breaks down, think it covers hotel and food while bike gets repaired. 3000 included for farkles.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've been paying $345 per year for full coverage on an '07 Wee in Louisiana, just moved to Mississippi and now I'm paying $113 per year!!! :yikes:
Fully believable. Strictly speaking from an insurance standpoint trying to deal with the bastardized version of Napoleonic Code from which Louisiana Law is derived is almost not worth the effort. And when things are difficult to deal with they are almost always (much) more expensive. Just the confusing Parish system alone often makes relatively simple legal issues a pain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm stuck here with an 04 at about 1400 a year with minimal coverage don't complain that's cheap here a hayabusa is 3800 with minimal coverage.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm in Mexico, and full coverage is 19,000 pesos or about $1,450 US

That covers about 80% of the over-inflated price I paid for the Vee, and about 2,000 in medical cover. (A quad bypass in a bad hospital or a toenail clipping in a good one! ;-)

What really annoys me is that if I had bought the bike in the US and ridden it in, I could get full cover with full medical and US repairs, life flight etc etc for around $350 a year.

There are only 3 insurance companies that will cover a Mexico registered bike.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had Progressive, and when I got the Glee, they wanted $672 per year, so I switched to Allstate and pay $312/yr for full coverage in NOVA.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an 09 in SC. I have my car insurance and home owners insurance bundled through Nationwide so when I got the bike, the logical thing to do was get a quote from them and add the bike to my policy. Nationwide wanted over $800/yr for my Strom. I called Progressive and I'm paying just under $240/yr. No idea what Nationwides problem was. The lady at my agents office wasn't even sure what was up...

·
Registered
111 Posts
ins

Im paying around 120 amonth for full coverage maxed out through progressive

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im paying around 120 amonth for full coverage maxed out through progressive
WOW...
I pay $22 a month for full coverage on my V thru progressive.And I have my sidecar rig insured with liability only for a extra $2 a month !!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
But I forgot to say that I'm 50 years old,own my home and have not had a ticket in 15+ years ( pretty good for a full time truck driver !! ).

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im 41 and have had no tickets, not married, own home...
Wiw,you might want to start checking around,mine has gone down almost 10% a year since I got it.When I added my sidecar rig last summer for our Canada trip I thought she was kidding when she told me it was about $1.85 a month more on my policy !!.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
A lot goes into insurance rates, no doubt, but yeah... less plastic and an old geezer with a rag on his head for the next glee iteration. I cannot believe how much I paid for a full year with Progressive after reading some of these prices.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
$75 a year liability only with Prog… some of you guys are paying for a new bike every few year with Insurance.:confused:
And they’re only going to give you a few bucks in the end. :fineprint:
Same here. $75 / year. Progressive. Liability only (includes uninsured driver fees).

I also agree with your assessment of the value of full-coverage insurance. For years and years I didn't have cars & trucks worth carrying collision & comprehensive. When I finally got some better (not new or near new) vehicles and had gained some age and lots of accident-free years I was surprised how cheap my full-coverage car & truck insurance became. Of course, SW Virginia, thankfully, isn't exactly a metropolitan area. As others have noted, the insurance carrier for my home, cars / truck and land wanted several times as much to cover my bike as did Progressive. I really wonder if anyone's thinking at some of these companies. I plan to just continue to send Progressive $75 yearly checks and enjoy the ride.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I was happy with Progressive on my Wee but they classified my Glee as a sport bike with a big rate hike so I dropped them. Maybe they were afraid the new design was too good looking and might attract thieves.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
"...too good looking and might attract thieves...."

I got a good laugh from that response.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
"...too good looking and might attract thieves...."

I got a good laugh from that response.
And I even forgot the :biggrinjester:
I'll go put it in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where you live is a big factor! As I was talking with different agents, they all said the same thing. :banghead:
All three quoted me the same price and all three said the same thing. So shopping around didn't pay off. The only discount I got was going with my current Ins which has multi cars and home.
Arizona also has one of the highest mortality rates, so we're screwed.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

41 - 60 of 79 Posts