Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that the narrow minded Bean counters down at the insurance companies think that anything with plastic on it has to be a sport bike, or in the case of the big Vee a super sport, whatever that is.
My VL800 suzuki cruiser didn't seem to scare them (even though it's poor brakes and it's half acre U-turn certainly gave me a few moments).
Please build us a bike without the plastic (it must scare them to much) and maybe include a picture of a fat, balding old geezer (no offense old grey hair dudes listening) wearing nothing more than a doo rag for protection. If a piece of cotton is all you need on your head it must be safe then right? Maybe then we could afford to insure these machines which would then make them more popular which would cause more people to buy from your fine company.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Maybe you should check around for insurance quotes. Perhaps it's different in the Great White North but I find my insurance rates to be quite agreeable, I'm locked in around $200/year for full coverage on my Vee.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm locked in around $200/year for full coverage on my Vee.
Who is the insurer?

Progressive wants nearly $1k/yr for my '08 Wee in Seattle. And that's with a squeaky clean record and excellent credit. Uh, yeah, I'm shopping around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my insurer was the personal. finally got coverage from Jevco but the point I'm trying to make is that most insurance companies are very ignorant about motorcycles and make judgement calls on first view only.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Me too

mines 400 and change for full coverage on my v, no accidents or tickets, group reduction for also having car and house with state farm
Same here. $468.00/year. '07 Wee, lousy credit, 9 points with group rate for the car and truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Couple years ago I was going to buy an SV650 - plain vanilla, tubular bars, no fairing, etc. Another option was a Harley 883.
I checked insurance prices for full coverage with three or four companies.
In each case, the SV650 was going to cost $700 / year... the Harley, $120/year.
Of course I bought the Sportster. My insurance ended up being $105 for full coverage!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Geico in South Carolina, with 3 bikes an FJR, SV650, and a Wee. My wife and I have good records and have taken the MSF course. I think we pay around 1000 a year for full coverage. Price varies greatly from one insurer to another.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Progressive

I Progressive and pay $440 a year for full coverage on a 08 Vee. Will no black marks and excellent credit. The first year I did play about $640 and then when it renew it dropped by $200. I guess not tickets or accidents in that first year payed off :)

·
0 Posts
36/Married/Erie Insurance/bike, 2 cars, and Condo w/ them, $240 a year w/ $500 deductibles across the board, towing and trip interruption included.

Shop around!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just renewed mine a few weeks ago, $464.00 with Progressive for full coverage on the Wee and the CB. Last time I paid before getting the Wee (last year) it was right about $100 for the Honda so that would be around $360 for the Wee. 36, single, clean record.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Mine can't be to bad, I don't even know what I spend for my Wee inurance:confused:

Ron W.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
It's worth noting that the OP is in Canada, which is a different country and everything from most of the replies here. Insurance is stupid expensive in Canada.

With that said, the points about shopping around are valid, and yeah, sometimes the insurance classifications are pretty random.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Strom insurance costs a little more simply because we probably ride 10X more miles than the fair weather cruiser pirates.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Insurance

I have used bikeline for the last 10 yrs. me 03 VEE is 207.00---full coverage year round, no layup recovery & trip interuption included. I get a discount for being a MSF instructor but it ain't that much. Also I haven't had an accident or a citation------- since Christ was a child-----may matter may not----
John :biggrinjester:

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,114 Posts
For maximum liability coverage only (with uninsured motorist also), my wife's '02 Honda VT-600 is $102 and my '06 Vee is $168 annually with Progressive through an independent agent.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Also I haven't had an accident or a citation------- since Christ was a child-----may matter may not----
John :biggrinjester:
That confirms my suspicions about your age, John! :jawdrop:

My 2008 CBR 1000RR is about $50.00 more a year than my DL-650 for full coverage. I would think that the Honda would be much more because it has almost three times the HP and costs twice as much as the Strom.

Here the Strom is unfairly placed in the "Sportbike" category by my current insurance company. Insurance varies tremendously from state to state. :confused:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts