StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on taking off from work Fri afternoon and ride I-40 West from Raleigh as far as I can so I can spend all Sat in Smokies. Never rode Dragon or any roads in NC part southeast of Asheville. Planning on Moteling. Will bring tools, first aid kit and that's it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Planning on taking off from work Fri afternoon and ride I-40 West from Raleigh as far as I can so I can spend all Sat in Smokies. Never rode Dragon or any roads in NC part southeast of Asheville. Planning on Moteling. Will bring tools, first aid kit and that's it.
Ride safe.
Lots of good pull offs to let those faster ones pass. Smile for the cameras. I do not know if the restaurant is open at the resort. If it is have a burger for me.
I almost hit a bear on 28 going toward Franklin. Lots of experienced individuals here that will put in advice.
Robbinsville - North Carolina Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo! Weather

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you're talking about resort at Deals Gap? I'm probably gonna get to Hickory before its too dark on Friday, stay in motel, drink beer and watch Hurricanes loose again... Take off in early AM on Saturday. I will ride up to BRP, then down through Asheville and cut through to Dragon.

I'm not reserving any rooms or camps and will manage by time and place. Probably will take my tent with me...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds good. We have some friends in Hickory. Good Fish Camps in the area. A little bit of livermush for breakfast and you will be good to go.
Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. We have some friends in Hickory. Good Fish Camps in the area. A little bit of livermush for breakfast and you will be good to go.
Mike
Jones Fish Camp and Tex's Fish Camp are.the only ones Google gave me in Hickory. So, I'll be looking for a motel close by... Hopefully, it's off season and most cheap motels should be available...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts