StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up a 2014 650 this weekend and it needs the camshaft/tappet recall work done. I usually do my own work, but this has to be done by a dealer, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a Suzuki shop with good mechanics.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry for the late response.

I have my bike at Leo's South and they have always been good to be in the past. Ill let you know how this recall goes when I get my bike back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Outside of town

I know it is a bit of a drive outside of town, but I have had a very good experience with Cycle City, the Suzuki dealer in Rochester MN. I used to live not far from there, and bought my '13 there.

My experiences with both the sales and service departments was very positive, though I admit I haven't had any major work done there, only minor. They do have a couple of guys there who have been around a while and seem to really know their stuff. I don't know about the whole crew. They even drilled me a bit for details about my V-strom experience, just to gather more info.

The sales team was the best experience I have ever had at any kind of dealership, car or bike. They seemed honest enough, were very straight forward about extra expenses, did not apply any pressure as I waffled in my decision for over a week, and the price was as good as I could find at any dealership and better than most.

I have been to 3 dealerships in the twin cities, and two out of state on tour, and none of them inspired confidence. Leo's wasn't bad, but had sales pressure and service was run by a dozen kids.

I know it is late, but maybe if someone is looking for a dealer in the future....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I had forgotten to check this thread for a while...

I ended up picking Hitching Post Motorsports in Hopkins. Without recommendations to go on, I just picked what was close to me. I also considered Cities Edge, but I had a bad experience there when I was shopping for a 'Strom, so I ruled them out, even though the service department may be just fine.

My bike goes in this weekend. I'll post an update when it's done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I'd reply in case any other locals are watching this thread. I took my DL650 into Hitchin Post on Saturday and got a call Tuesday night saying it was ready for pickup. They had ordered the parts in advance, and when I dropped it off they said they were waiting on one more part and when it came in the job would be a priority for them.

I'm pleased with the service and quality of work. Bike looks/runs great. They seemed like decent guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts