StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I found a standard at a local dealer and he wants $9,700 for it and that's before taxes and such. I'm amazed at the prices you guys are getting this thing at.

It's official, I'm going to wait for the next build run of these bikes before I go out to make an alleged deal. I would like to buy a bike but I'm not willing to get hammered like that for it on price.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That is very high. I paid over $1K less for mine out the door including taxes, title, fees, and everything for my standard L2 wee

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, I found a standard at a local dealer and he wants $9,700 for it and that's before taxes and such. I'm amazed at the prices you guys are getting this thing at.

It's official, I'm going to wait for the next build run of these bikes before I go out to make an alleged deal. I would like to buy a bike but I'm not willing to get hammered like that for it on price.
Wow! Thats $1400 OVER MSRP for a standard!
Lame.
I paid $9200 for my ADV (Plus Title)

·
Registered
438 Posts

There are some deals around, but you may have to travel to get one. I probably would keep shopping rather than waiting, but I think the next round will show up fairly soon.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My local dealer wanted over a thousand over MSRP for my bike back in 2007 when it was bought new. Ended up going up to Louisville where we bought the bike out the door for a little less than MSRP. Saved about $1500 just by traveling 120 miles. It pays to check around...

Note: My local dealer still wants over a grand of setup fees, paperwork fees, etc for his motorcycles. Until his ways change, I guess I will be going to either Nashville or Louisville for motorcycle purchases.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My local dealer wanted over a thousand over MSRP for my bike back in 2007 when it was bought new. Ended up going up to Louisville where we bought the bike out the door for a little less than MSRP. Saved about $1500 just by traveling 120 miles. It pays to check around...

Note: My local dealer still wants over a grand of setup fees, paperwork fees, etc for his motorcycles. Until his ways change, I guess I will be going to either Nashville or Louisville for motorcycle purchases.

There are some like that around here, that want MSRP+ freight, setup fees, this fee, that fee, etc...
and some right down the road that will make you a good deal. 5 years later when I go to buy another new bike nothing has changed with the same dealers. Makes you wonder how the former stays in business. Kind of like gas at $3.29 at station X and across the street somebody is filling up at station Y for $3.49

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stories like this leave me shaking my head in wonder. Here in southern Idaho it's a different world. The wee is not a popular bike. Since my dealer had two pre-2012 models, a year or two old, that he has not been able to sell he did not even order a 2012 model but was willing to get one from another dealer for me. It was $7600 including shipping and setup but not tax and license. The big sellers here are dirt bikes, cruisers, and even pure sport bikes out sell dual sport/adventure bikes. It mystifies me. but they don't know what they are missing!

I would second the advice already posted, to call around for pricing. If it isn't too far for you, try the Boise, Pocatello, and Idaho Falls Suzuki dealers for a 2012 (I have no idea of their inventory however). You might also try Nevada dealers, and if it really isn't too far, Montana (think of the glorious ride you could have after picking up your bike). I agree about refusing to be price gouged in a vehicle purchase - in a long life I have never paid above msrp for any vehicle and never will.

Best of luck - it's a great bike and worth researching prices and waiting for if necessary.

Mike
Idaho
www.rtwrider.net

·
Registered
18 Posts
bp6hell, if you're in southern california, try the dealer below. He was offering the standard '12 DL650 for under 9$k OTD a few weeks ago.

HUGO FIERRO (323) 372-3378
BMW OF HOLLYWOOD
6525 SANTA MONICA BL.

If he's no longer offering a good deal, you can try the Suzuki dealer of Van Nuys. I got my Wee there for $9k OTD.

It also looks like Suzuki extended the 0% APR deal by a month.

EDIT: Oops just saw that you already commented on the same post in the other thread. I'm guessing you're not in So Cal or they are no longer making deals?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts