StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to access codes for the dealer mode. I get an intermittent FI code but haven't been able to find the connector that I could use to access the code. I saw a video for one but I guess it was for an older model v strom. I have a 2015 v strom adventure. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Paper clip is the cheapo way to do it.

It's under the seat by the rear turn signal (clutch side). White connector. Jump 2 wires together.

I have a switch hard wired into mine so I can see it when it happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Is it a 6 pin connector or a 4? I found a 4 pin connector but the video I saw had a 6 pin. I'll look again when I'm off work today. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have a C65 code. After doing some research I found it could be my clutch sensor. I had dropped the bike and found that the sensor wouldn't let me start my bike so I shorted it for the time being. Could it still make this code appear even if the clutch sensor is shorted? I have one on the way but thought it was weird that this would cause the code to still show. Thanks again for any advice!

·
Administrator
5,061 Posts
You seem to have found the reason for the code. ECU's work in strange and mysterious ways - an intermittent bridge etc. The new switch should resolve it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts