StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the process of trying to enter the dealer mode on my 2009 DL650 Non-ABS, I might have jumpered the wrong wires in that same connector. Everything seems to be running fine, and I do not get any errors in dealer mode (after getting the right wires). What are the other wires in this connector, and where should I look for potential problems?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If you had done something bad, a fuse would have blown or you would have noticeable problems. I wouldn't worry about it. What colors were the wires you jumpered?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on what I have found in the online wiring diagram and pictures, here is the layout:

The 6-pin harness is wired with the following:

B/W - Black w/ White Stripe - Ground
W/R - White w/ Red Stripe - ECM Signal (Dealer mode when pulled to ground)
Gr/R - Grey w/ Red Stripe - ECM Signal (UNKNOWN)
O/W - Orange w/ White Stripe - Ignition Power (12 Volts)

So it is clear that the a pull to ground pin is probably safe seeing the 12 V from the ignition. I am still able to switch between dealer and user mode with the right pins jumpered. The only question that remains is what is the Gr/W pin? or more importantly... is it a robust pull down pin like the W/R.

For anyone following along, the 6-pin(4 used) connector is divided into two connectors on the widely available online schematic. From what I can tell, the schematic is for the 2004 version of the bike that had this connector split into two connectors (one being the 4-pin(2 used) that Greywolf's link references).

I know this shouldn't ever be an issue if one were to read and follow the directions the first time. I am just learning from my mistake and verifying that everything should be ok.

BTW - Thanks for your help Greywolf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts