StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Been lurking for awhile, but this is my first post!

I'm coming from a KLR, and I'm in the market for a new-to-me Wee. I recently found a bike I think I might bite on, if you guys think it's a good deal. I live fairly rural, on the prairies in Canada, so keep that in mind. The bike's a 2012 Wee, second owner with only 30,000 kilometers on the bike. Selling because he's looking to upgrade to a Vee, I'm assuming. It has hard cases and top box, SW Motech Skid Plate and center stand. Looks like the rubber will need to be changed, from the pictures. No problems, he says. He's asking 5,400$ for it which is right at the high end of bluebook retail range.

Do you think this is a pretty fair price, or should I try and talk him down a little?

·
Registered
603 Posts
The cases and other farkles add a few hundred to the price but the high end of retail may be questionable. From a dealer, he would have gone through the bike and replaced the tires and brakes and given it any maintenance required before you buy it, hopefully. Then again, it depends on the area you live in. If the bike is sought after, it will be more expensive. If there is a bunch available with no one buying, they will be cheap.

PS - search for "buying a used motorcycle" on google. There are a lot of good tips out there to keep in mind when taking the two wheel plunge.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If it is black, it is most likely the adventure model and came with the side boxes as standard. The center stand, bash plate, and top box were extra I believe. Rock solid engine so the km on it are no big deal. The price is up to you. If it is the only one near you then it becomes supply and demand. If you cannot talk him down a bit then if you have the time, wait for another one to come up. Your riding season is getting close to slowing up fairly soon so that may help with the pricing as he most likely does not want to store it over the winter and take another years depreciation.

·
Super Moderator
13,082 Posts
Guys keep in my prices in Canada are quite different than in the USA. In addition I believe some of the parts-bin model packaging may be a bit different than in the USA and other markets. (ie "Adventure, ETC.)

..Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. The seller stopped replying to my emails, so I'm gonna guess he found another buyer
¯\_(?)_/¯.

I found a Vee that I might make an offer on. Thanks for the helpful tips!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts