StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Cyclegear today to pick up a pack of Dynaplugs and the Dynaplug 12v micro air compressors on sale for $29.99. Regular price is $39.99+ depending on where you find them.

These are nice little compact pumps and the deal was too good to pass up so I picked one up.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like a good deal, doesn't show that price online. Maybe I'll take a ride to one by me and see if its an unadvertised sale, been wanting to check out their new store kinda near me. That would be way better than the co2 inflater I carry in my tool tube currently. Good for airing things back up after lowering pressure for unpaved surfaces.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both Cyclegear and Revzilla internet sites (the same entity) both have them listed as $39.99. But in store they had flyers and stockpiles throughout prices at $29.99.

Might be worth a call to verify before you light out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both Cyclegear and Revzilla internet sites (the same entity) both have them listed as $39.99. But in store they had flyers and stockpiles throughout prices at $29.99.

Might be worth a call to verify before you light out.
Will do thanks, also did not know cycle gear was same as Revzilla. Thought the products and site of listings looked familiar.

Just called, they had two left, had them hold one for me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Does this plug into your power port and reach both rims to inflate the tire ? Does it have a built in pressure guage ?

Looks cool and small.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There is a SAE (Battery Tender whip ) about 4' long that also plugs into the compressor. Then hose screws onto the compressor and onto the valve stem. Where the the red cap is you can put a pressure tire pressure gauge on there to check pressure wheel everything is connected. I like that every thing is a individual component allowing for it to be taken apart and packed up tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Nice. I got one years ago for 12 bucks with a 12 dollar rebate. It had the gauge and such. I took it out of the plastic box and rolled it into a shop rag and it resides under the seat.
That one has a nice little pouch for protection. Too hip!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Somehow out of topic but may be useful:

I "burnt" the 3A fuse while plugging my air compressor (an other model) on the built in power outlet (vstrom 650 2019).
Now I use it with crocodile clips (provided my compressor) on bike battery.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Somehow out of topic but may be useful:

I "burnt" the 3A fuse while plugging my air compressor (an other model) on the built in power outlet (vstrom 650 2019).
Now I use it with crocodile clips (provided my compressor) on bike battery.

Yeah, these little electric motors will pop a 3A fuse instantly.

With a 10A fuse, I've found an air compressor will still pop the fuse once in a while, especially if you're turning the pump on while it's connected to pressure. It takes a good shot of current for a fraction of a second to start and get up to speed.

A 15A or 20A fuse will still protect against a short while allowing use of a pump.

·
Registered
545 Posts
so then you can't use your dash mounted plug in to run the compressor ? ( is fuse too small a rating ?)

I do have the battery tender pigtail for my auxillary lights I could tie into.

·
Registered
115 Posts
so then you can't use your dash mounted plug in to run the compressor ? ( is fuse too small a rating ?)

I do have the battery tender pigtail for my auxillary lights I could tie into.
For the particular pump ITT it only comes with the connection to plug into a battery tender. There are optional connectors including the dash mounted plug and the alligator clamps. I tested mine out today to make sure it worked before tucking it away beneath my seat with my tools and tire repair kit. I thought for the price it would at least come with all connections necessary to use it, surprised they didn’t throw in the cord with battery terminal connections. If you bought this without having a pigtail for a battery tender you wouldn’t be able to use it. Seems like pretty good quality and mine works great.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for the follow up I'll keep that in mind. .

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called the Killeen Tx Cycle Gear and they sell the pump for the reduced price if you buy something else also. So I'm off for chain lube and tire pump.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The nice thing is there is no minimum on the other thing you need to buy to get the deal. A $0.50 license plate reflector is all you need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the inflator and it works well. Aired up front tire from 0-35 in a reasonable time without getting overly hot-case stayed cool but hose got warm. It fits under the seat also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for posting this deal. I went by Cycle Gear on Sunday and picked one up.

Seems to work well. I bled 10 psi off my rear tire and filled it back up within about a minute. Airing down for dirt will likely be my primary use.

I clipped off one end of the cord and installed a powerlet plug I had laying around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts