StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed their 35 watt HID lights?
I just received mine today, and looks like the harness will need to be modified to reach the battery. The lead that plugs into the existing bike harness is not real long. It looks like I need to extend the grounds leads along with the fused power lead. It looks like this harness was meant for a car. One of the lamp connectors is about 4 feet long with a seperate ground lead.
I was reading in the owners manual that I need to connect to the battery directly instead of going to a frame ground.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Bi-Xenon HID kits are pretty much all car kits. You can extend or shorten the 12V wires as needed. Just keep the high voltage wires between ballast and lamp intact. Do not use the frame for ground. You can combine the two lamp ground leads into one lead to the battery or a grounding block (possibly in a fuse block) wired to the battery.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HID'S

Got the HID's installed today. I just need to reaim them.
I got the 5000k lights and they are bright as hell. This will make my night riding much better and being seen during the day.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HID's

I got the lights adjusted tonight. What a major difference. The high beams are insanely bright, great for back road night riding.

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the DDM HIDKits on my 06 subaru WRX for years now. Great product great lights. I mean these are bright! Great customer service too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts