StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many MD,VA DC area riders are around on here? There doest seem to be much activity posted for local stuff. Id like to try to find some of you out there to get a ride going sometime. Im in Frederick MD.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm out atleast once every weekend, but since I've got a 2yr. old, so it's hard to plan anything and it's typically last moment. I am, however, heading out this weekend on sunday to tool around for a bit if you care to join. Not sure what time, not sure where I'm going..but it may involve gravel, possible dirt, nice scenery and well..I try to be good company. ;) Not a hooligan by any means...so if you feel like haulin' ass, you're gonna have to hangout with some of these other guys..haha.

Am sure they'll chime in more too when it gets warmer out again.

ps. you've got a strommer livin' right in your backyard..he's just reallllllly quiet. Scott...where ya at? He commutes from thurmont out down rt.29 every day, so if ya see a black wee, up your way during the week day it's probably him. Any other time, it could be any of us.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi CornyDad!!
I have to many active projects at the house that I can not take time to ride so :( I've already placed my Vee in the shed, which I completed last month :) ,for the winter. not to mention kid duty at the soccer and baseball fields.
But if there is a warm Thanksgiving weekend, I think I can pull my Vee out for a ride ;) I love riding out that way. There are a few places around Rt. 550 where the entire bike gets airbourne ;)

I think Dirt_dad is out that way as well...

Hummmm..........
I bet Code has 3 years left of freedom before he gets suck into the kid world of sports. That eats up your time faster than you think.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A black wee in thurmont going down 29? I think thats me. LOL. That would be weird. I actually live in thurmont and commute to BWI out 70 down 29 to 100 all the time. But I head out that way at night. Im a 3rd shifter.
Also I am not a hooligan rider. Its dangerous enough out there without acting stupid on a bike. I like to have fun but be safe!
Bluesteel, where on 550 are you gettin air? I ride that road alot and havent come across anything like that.
SO far though looks like there are only 3 of us from MD though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Apparently everyone on black wee's commute out towards bwi then.....lol I'm on one, scott (who lives out in thurmont as well) rides out 70 to 29 every day too. There's another guy that lives in hanover, by bwi, that owns one as well..he's got the shark teeth on it...very distinguishing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A black wee in thurmont going down 29? I think thats me. LOL. That would be weird. I actually live in thurmont and commute to BWI out 70 down 29 to 100 all the time. But I head out that way at night. Im a 3rd shifter.
Also I am not a hooligan rider. Its dangerous enough out there without acting stupid on a bike. I like to have fun but be safe!
Bluesteel, where on 550 are you gettin air? I ride that road alot and havent come across anything like that.
SO far though looks like there are only 3 of us from MD though.
The old cover bridge near where rt. 550 and old Frederick road meet. Its called Loys. twist the wrist when you see the RR tracks :p There is also a place near me, Lisbon area on rt. 144 I think. That one almost caused me to brown cap in my pants the 1st time I went over the hill doing 55mph.

I think coppermine road may has a few fun spots too... but it has been a few years since I rode up there.... so I might be confusing that road with another.

All those black stroms out there... you'll have to put a label on your bike so I can figure out who is who on the road ;)

I think Jeff Kushner rides out that way now and then.

I think there is about 7 or 9 of us in this area. There was another trooper that lives a few miles down the road from me. I do not remember his name so I would have to use the search :sad1: to find the thread where he mention his location and name.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so now that I found a few of you, when are we riding? Would anyone be interested in a ride over this coming weekend?

·
Registered
332 Posts
No can do....going away. The weekend after I should be available.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just noticed this thread, I'm in manassas, va. moved to the area at the beginning of the summer. I'd love to go riding sometime but I had a little accident in charlottesville 4 or 5 weeks ago. Bikes ready to go except a need of a new pair of handle bars but i'm still nursing a chipped bone in my wrist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gaitherburg/Laytonsville Md black weevee

I'm new to posting on this forum. I live in Gburg Md but it's more like Laytonsville off Rt 108. I have been commuting into Rockville, but now it's too dark when I leave work.

I'm six foot six, kinda skinny, kinda bald, coming back to riding after kids have grown. I had a Honda 360T when I was young and after taking the MSF course last year I realize I never knew much about riding before. I found a picture of that bike under "vintage" motorcycles. Ouch!

I did quite a bit of research before buying this '08 weevee - I'm pretty sure I picked the best possible bike for me. I put 4500 miles on it this year. This is the first weekend I haven't gone out :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
welcome to the forum. Head out your way periodically when I'm goin through down to meet up with friends to head out to Skyline. Some decent roads around there and not too far away. Probably bout 20mins. down 97 for myself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it looks like we have 5 of us so far. Welcome sixhalf. I dont think you will be disappointed with your wee. Sounds like your enjoying yours as as much as I am enjoying mine! I think we should try to get a group to head down tho this thing in NC in may 09. I hope I can make it. Anyone else thinking about it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome Sixhalf. You picked a good bike.

I do not think I'll do the NC trip... I'm not into long trips like that. I'm more if a 2-5 hr. ride guy ... just have to much to do at home and with a 5 1/2 year old... I'm lucky I have a bike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just noticed this thread, I'm in manassas, va. moved to the area at the beginning of the summer. I'd love to go riding sometime but I had a little accident in charlottesville 4 or 5 weeks ago. Bikes ready to go except a need of a new pair of handle bars but i'm still nursing a chipped bone in my wrist.
pm'd you - I have a pair just gathereing dust.

KevinL

·
Registered
61 Posts
How many MD,VA DC area riders are around on here? There doest seem to be much activity posted for local stuff. Id like to try to find some of you out there to get a ride going sometime. Im in Frederick MD.
Hey Cornydad - Where in Fredneck be you? I've bumped into Code on the Rode :)mrgreen:), but nobody in Frederick. Don't come in here too much, but always looking for riding....

·
Registered
981 Posts
I just moved from FL to VA, in Gainesville. All the roads here are curvy, so I'm getting out as much as possible. Even this morning I passed another Strom going down a country road. It's slightly above freezing and imagine how surprised I was! But then again, it is a V-Strom and it doesn't go quietly into the garage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts