StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone from Southern Ontario interested in riding to Daytona for this year's bike week?

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
What a lack of response! Actually, even I, a Florida resident, will not be going to Bike Week. I will be visiting my son, a V-Strom rider, in Richmond B.C., and flying home via Pearson Airport on the day of the Vernal Equinox, March 20.

I attended Bike Week in 2014, along with another Thornhill resident, and I had a good time. Daytona is the only place I have ridden where the friendly custom of waving at bikes is neglected. There is a good reason for this apparent display of poor manners: if you wave at every bike you see, your left hand will be about 150% busy, and you will not get to use your clutch. Yes, I know there are primitive two-wheeled contraptions without clutches.

If you do ride to Florida, you may enjoy my route: Peace Bridge, NY Thruway/I-90 west to I-79, I-79 south to US-19 in WV, US-19 to I-77, I-77 to Columbia S.C. and then the fun begins: US-321, SC-3, US-301, GA-169, GA-144, GA-121, US-301, and then you are in Florida and can choose a way south among A1A, US-1, and I-95.

North of New Smyrna Beach is a funky airport that is sometimes visited by vintage aircraft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts