StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit the bullet & finally got a Daylong after trying many different things & seats , all of which worked very little .The Daylong is all it is said to be ,My 2015 650 VStrom is now a long distance cruiser.My Butt Has never been so happy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
While I've had a few different aftermarket seats that I've been happy with, the RDL is definitely the best.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Terrific seats, had on on the LC1500. Rode down for factory fitting, we could spend long days and not get sore.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
Bit the bullet & finally got a Daylong after trying many different things & seats , all of which worked very little .The Daylong is all it is said to be ,My 2015 650 VStrom is now a long distance cruiser.My Butt Has never been so happy.
Welcome to the club. Best addition I have made.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Well said. I've had my RDL for a few years. I bought the removable driver's backrest which is adjustable, but I only use it on longer rides. The seat essentially makes you tippy toe due to wide "wings" that prevent legs from going straight down. This has not been a problem thankfully. Also I can still stand up when off road with no hindrance. Obviously the comfort is unparalleled. I've owned three Corbins, two Sargents and three Seat Concepts seats (on different model bikes) and NONE come close to the truly day long comfort of a RDL seat.

At less than two to three hours seat time many seats are good. Some people have a high pain tolerance so your experience may vary on seats. But for me a comfortable bar rise, plenty of legroom, a comfy seat, and good wind protection combine together to create a superb tourer or commuter even on a 650 twin.

Kevin

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,298 Posts
The key to this post is the OP statement about "trying many different things and seats".

Think about how much gets spent on the latest bead cover, sheepskin, airhawk, kayak pad by owners here. Then think about how many try other seats and seat kits. Many swear they are comfortable for all day.....yet you read that a few months later they have some other "final" solution.

You don't hear much about needing to try a different seat cushion or pad from Russell Day-Long owners. Spend the money up front and be satisfied for the life of the bike.

Tell me that isn't cheaper than what too many spend on solutions that don't work!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
The key to this post is the OP statement about "trying many different things and seats".

Think about how much gets spent on the latest bead cover, sheepskin, airhawk, kayak pad by owners here. Then think about how many try other seats and seat kits. Many swear they are comfortable for all day.....yet you read that a few months later they have some other "final" solution.

You don't hear much about needing to try a different seat cushion or pad from Russell Day-Long owners. Spend the money up front and be satisfied for the life of the bike.

Tell me that isn't cheaper than what too many spend on solutions that don't work!
very good point. I've tried and still own all of the following:
1) Airhawk
2) Alaska Sheepskin "pad"
3) Beadrider
4) Motrin pills

None of these needed on my RDL ever. But these cheaper solutions each helped a bit on past bikes that had Corbin, Sargent< Seat Concepts, but never eliminated the sore butt.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yep, as the saying goes, "there is no such thing as a cheap tool". If you go the "cheap" route, you end up paying more in the long run because you buy multiples.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Yes but not mine. Great seat. I do ok on my 1000 for all day rides with the stock seat and a sit-n-fly but had to have a seat on the 650 and my Versys-X 300. I am not doing multi-week trips on them. Only warning would be for shorter folks to try one before they buy it. It had pretty firm wings.

·
MtnTrooper
3 Posts
Great idea

Thanks, guys. I've been thinking about replacing the stock seat on my 2012 V-Strom 650 for years, now, and couldn't make up my mind. Read all the reviews, but the RDL seems like the best option.

Only issue is that I'm in Canada, but I'll phone the RDL folks tomorrow and figure out shipping options.

And this, my friends, is why a blog like this is so valuable. :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts