StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 5 on the new Wee. What a fantastic bike. Accompanied my wife to Penrith (50.5kms) this morning as she rode her V-Star 250 Yamaha to work for the first time ever. She rode confidently and looked comfortable, as she gets closer to her licence test. Meanwhile, the Wee has taken my breath away. It is smooth, powerful and easy to control/manuver. Now 300 odd kms and another 100 coming up this arvo. Will be glad to get it to dealers for first service at 1.000 kms. Calculated consumption at first fill yesterday morning and got almost 12 kms to the litre. This figure will improve now as I filled the tank myself, (not a dealership fill!!!), and after 100kms this morning, the guage still registered full. Have ordered crash bars from dealer and will get them fitted at first service, along with the Gvi top box, all going well. The current price on 2010 and 2011 Wee's is very attractive. Well, time to go and find my wife in Penrith. Great excuse for a ride!! Rod

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Enthusiasm. It's wonderful! I think most of us have that feeling for the bike.
I can't wait to get mine back together!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The fuel you are using early on is from the top of the tank. When the sensor float gets lower, it gets to a level where the underside of the tank is mostly space for the air box and only has fuel at the sides. The fuel level bars will then drop significantly faster.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
500kms now

500 plus kilometres now and following yesterday's fuel refill, got 22.3 kms/litre. Much better than the first fill and gives me a potential range of just under 500kms per tank. Excellent. Still getting used to the bike but feeling more comfertable all the time. A short Katoomba/Lithgow/Katoomba loop yesterday, found me found me relaxed and just cruising at speed limits. Wife booked in for her Licence test yesterday and so she wants to increase her on road time as quickly as she can ready for her test on the 22nd in Penrith. This means I will peobably accompany her for the Penrith return trip a few times in coming few weeks, so, first service will come quickly. Still have Bark Buster weights, Crash Bars and Top box to be fitted yet, as well as change heated grips hook up so it switches off with ignition switch. Remain very happy with the new motorcycle.Rod

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
500 plus kilometres now and following yesterday's fuel refill, got 22.3 kms/litre. Much better than the first fill and gives me a potential range of just under 500kms per tank. Excellent.
Hey Rod, glad you're happy with the bike... However, you are not getting the gas mileage you think you are... You won't get anywhere near 500km on a tank... Read Greywolf's reply...

Enjoy though
Richard

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Rod, glad you're happy with the bike... However, you are not getting the gas mileage you think you are... You won't get anywhere near 500km on a tank... Read Greywolf's reply...

Enjoy though
Richard
Interesting response! Filled the tank again this morning, this time got 23.03 kms per Litre. Milage only 850 kms so far, with first service booked for Friday, however, it seems to me that 450 to 500kms per tank, could well be a possibility. Mind you I havn't taken it over 5,000 Revs so far, but as a conservative rider, suspect I should always get around these consumption figures.Rod

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
500kms per tank is possible. It needs fairly gentle speeds though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hhehe 500km is definitely hypermiling the bike.

can't do that here as A: all the soccer moms would run me down and B: too darn windy.

I did get 429km on a tank going through the 150km freeway at Salt Lake about 60km / hour. Filled up at 4.81 gallons so coulda made it much closer to 500km, especially if I didn't go back to 130km/h on the highways afterwards (I filled in Ogden heading south).

500 is definitely possible if you are cruising around with the wife on the 250. I also have a 250 Rebel and when the girlfriend rides it I rarely see 4000rpm haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have only got 617kms on my new L1 wee and my second fill worked out at 23.78km/l. At that rate i would get 523km from the tank. I fill mine with 95ron here in Australia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts