StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
David's Leaving Seattle Forever Potluck & Drinking & Dancing! (Riding to Ushuaia, AR)

Hi folks:

I've received invaluable advice from many of you in this forum in preparing for my upcoming trip to South America. I wanted to extend an invite to my going away party next Friday at my house in Capitol Hill, Seattle. It's a BBQ/Potluck/BYOB (don't worry we will have burgers and beers).

Time: Friday, August 19 at 7:00pm - August 20 at 2:00am

Full invite below:

======================================================

In a few short weeks, I will be taking off on a one year plus motorcycle trip, riding from Seattle, WA (by way of Burning Man) to Ushuaia South America (the southern most city in the world) on my 2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650, an adventure touring bike. Yes that's me in the photo. Just one of my many PERFECT SHOTZ! (I added that effect with Photoshop.... or did I?)

This epic trip also marks the end of my time in Seattle, as I'll be moving to San Francisco (to found yet another software company) upon my repatriation.

So I'd like to see you before I go! Here's how I envision my going away party being. RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. But you probably want the low down, so here goes.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can join up on the festivities anytime you like. Feel like some food and drink? Swing on by for the BBQ. Feel like drinking or dancing? I'll be bringing my white man dancing abilities and low tolerance to the bars and clubs of Seattle... I hope you show up for some of that

======
7PM - 10PM: Porch BBQ with Pandora Dee-Jay Services by Yours Truly. I'll be breaking out the George Foreman grill for some burgers and sundries and some PBR to wash it all down with. You can make it way more awesome by BYOB and BYOFP (bring your own food products).

Also please buy a cake for me. I will reimburse you 100%, but I just can't buy it myself, because, well I just can't (traumatic childhood story).
======
10 - 11 PM: Drinking at a quality drinking establishment

TBD. I'm hoping that some costumes can be involved here. Your thoughts requested.
======
11 - 12 AM: Drinking at progressively worse drinking establishments

TBD. Again not sure what's going down here... but I'll be updating this.
=======
12 - 2AM: You don't even want to know.

TBD: I have a certificate for a Crown black towncar. I will be utilizing this service to cram as many people who can fit into it. I think we can manage at least 8.
=======

So come on by and say hi! I'll be leaving the next week. I'll be keeping my website davidparkinson.com up to date on my adventures.

I have strategically made this event fall on a Friday so you can still come to this shindig and still get your important weekend activities in. And I'm sending it out two weekends in advance so you have plenty of time to say YES to this event. Please invite any I may have forgotten.

PS: Congrats for reading it this far. You're a champ. Give youreslf one pat on your left shoulder; but don't get carried away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I checked your blog and did not see a report. God's speed and safe travels. Post up some stories.

Glad to hear of your success during these times. Good to know it is still happening.

Got three eagle projects being manufactured and assembled at our shop, with the guys doing what they are supposed to do: Leadership and service to others.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked your blog and did not see a report. God's speed and safe travels. Post up some stories.

Glad to hear of your success during these times. Good to know it is still happening.

Got three eagle projects being manufactured and assembled at our shop, with the guys doing what they are supposed to do: Leadership and service to others.
Thanks for your good wishes. I haven't updated my website and likely won't get to it until I depart. There's still a bunch of other mandatory work to be done before my departure. But I will definitely get some posts up soon; and will be letting you all know about this.

Best,
David

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Can a country bumpkin from Australia come?

I'm staying in Seattle (city) this week, heading to SFO on Sunday.

It only looks to be a little over a mile from where I am on 2nd Ave and Virginia (the Moore Hotel)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can a country bumpkin from Australia come?

I'm staying in Seattle (city) this week, heading to SFO on Sunday.

It only looks to be a little over a mile from where I am on 2nd Ave and Virginia (the Moore Hotel)
Of course you can come! Don't be a stranger!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was your trip inspired by Cycles South? A pretty cheesy movie, but fun nonetheless.
It came from touring around Sri Lanka and India by rented motorcycle. It was truly an awesome experience and I want more. So I'm making it happen :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts