StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the tech day I was fortunate to meet Richland Rick a name of a person most people on the boards are familiar with. If not he makes various accessories for the V-Strom...

I was fortunate to pickup his switch plate for my Strom as the Van Diesel one was bulky and really got in the way for my keys as they kept getting jammed in the gaps when trying to lock my forks after a ride....it got very annoying after awhile....so off with the Van Diesel plate and in with the RichlandRick's.....

I did end up having to send it back via mail to rick who was kind enough to cut the necessary hole in it for a Datel Voltmeter. The single LED electrical connection one I bought as a cheaper alternative ended up being a very stupid idea... The datel voltmeter slides right into the cut slot and did not require the metal locking plate the datel came with.

Pictures are below but I highly recomend if you are looking at this farkle that you look at RichlandRick's inventory.

·
Registered
56 Posts
looks great. I have been trying to contact him for a couple days with questions on an order I want to make. but that seems easier said than done.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks great. I have been trying to contact him for a couple days with questions on an order I want to make. but that seems easier said than done.
He is on Vstrom.info if you bump him a PM on there I'm sure you will hear from him. Once I got in touch with him on there it was very easy to coordinate things out try bumping him there.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Where did you get the Datel meter?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow-Up:

Loving the new switch plate the smaller size over the Van Diesel plastic one is huge and I have had many complements from my co-workers about how nice this particular plate is.

-Recommended Farkle-

LordSmoke looking at the size of the gauge in question I doubt it but that does not mean it is impossible but by eye ball I have my doubts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does richlandrick have a website you're able to share with the class?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just sent off an email asking about the lowering brackets and dash. Hopefully I can save on shipping.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'll ask more directly when the time comes, but for general information, will the plate accommodate both the datel gauge and the remote-sensor thermometer shown here with hole diagram: BikeMeters.com - Digital Temperature Meter by Lascar
yes they will both fit. i originally ordered mine with the two cutouts but changed my mind about spending so much on a thermometer. Rick has done a few plates to fit both, IIRC...

drop him an email. he usually responds the same day. excellent service, excellent quality. perhaps a bit spendy, but i don't mind supporting the good guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts