StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week so far with a Tourance front, up until last week, the year and a half since I've been on the Darkside is with a knobby TKC or Karoo in front

a whole new bike once again, the first few days, I couldn't tell what was going on, it was so windy that I almost had to scrape pegs to maintain a straight line, still haven't got to really test it out, but I can tell that all my wobble under high speed full throttle issues are gone, big difference going into the wake of a truck

but, I'm also feelin what I'm giving up on gravel, I can't charge into corners so hard, its not that the front is washing out a bit, I'm getting close to running out of road, if it weren't for the rear tire being much better at braking than a bike tire, I could have seen disastrous results

a spare front wheel has gone up on my list of priorities

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Same here,
Knobby is bad on tar, because of sound and vibrations, let alone excessive wear, and so called D/S, read bad street, are useless in gravel/mud if ridden hard. Tried turances, shinko, trail wings, all bad the same. CT after 15K km feels better than ever.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Interesting, Randyo, that the front Tourance should make so much difference in reducing wobbles.

Is it that the Tourance, with its large footprint of rubber, provides more damping to tone down the steering oscillations (compared with a semi-knobbly like TKC or Karoo)?
Could you return to a TKC if you fitted a steering damper? The damper would be cheaper than a [newish] wheel/disc-rotors combination, and allow you to keep the on-road/off-road capabilities which you want.
(My apologies if you already are using a steering damper ~ I have read most of your posts, I think, but I may have forgotten/overlooked this particular point if mentioned earlier.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts