Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a 1600 mile trip to deals gap. First time taking turns this tight on the cartire on the vstrom. I think it did really well, the tight turns are harder to take than a motorcycle tire, but not enough to make me want to change my mind. And it made me more of a believer in the darkside.

https://youtu.be/QX_OmSeLqJw

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dl650 is great 2 up. I did ride 2-up from Utah to DC last summer too. I have my dl650 geared high, so with luggage and a passenger it does require you to shift down quite a bit for passing and more spirited riding. but its a great bike for 2-up because its pretty comfortable. The seat is large just like a larger bike and has plenty of wiggle room. When 2up i do wish i didnt change the gearing to be so high, but it helps with MPG. And on my cross country trip i did average 55-60mpg which was my main goal.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great video! 1600 miles condensed down into 8 minutes...nice! Loved the interviews too. :) You gave me some ideas on how to edit one of my longer videos.

Sorry about the tent; people are jerks sometimes, that's for sure.

Darkside respect!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! glad you guys liked the video. I was aching to use the gopro. I found it difficult to mount on my helmet.

As far as the sprockets, i went down in the rear and 1 or 2 up in the front. Made the bike very slow at starting. I will probably go back to its original configuration next. But for a cross country trip it was great except when i got in the high mountains of Colorado when it struggled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts