StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my backrest rest today. Too about 15 minutes to install and that was moving them to find which place I liked it. Man a big improvement. Once I finally decide on seat and get cruiser pegs might have to move it. Well amde and my opinion:thumbup:
David

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Warlock. I have mine sitting in the box still. I ordered it before I even rode the bike because I thought it would be a good tie down for a roll bag. I need to get more miles under my belt before I even feel the need for it's real job.

I think the kit should have come with some rubber washers. It says that you should use some when mounting the brackets, but doesn't throw them in. I assume they fit under the 10mm bolts but I haven't gotten that far yet. I do find the pad pretty firm just handling it but the true test is out on the road after a few hours.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Warlock. I have mine sitting in the box still. I ordered it before I even rode the bike because I thought it would be a good tie down for a roll bag. I need to get more miles under my belt before I even feel the need for it's real job.

I think the kit should have come with some rubber washers. It says that you should use some when mounting the brackets, but doesn't throw them in. I assume they fit under the 10mm bolts but I haven't gotten that far yet. I do find the pad pretty firm just handling it but the true test is out on the road after a few hours.
I had several cruisers with back rest. Ultimate and Mustang. I can say this one is just as comfortable as they are. The only down side is it doesn't fold forward like my other ones. Not a big deal, just learn to mount and dismount different.
David

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had several cruisers with back rest. Ultimate and Mustang. I can say this one is just as comfortable as they are. The only down side is it doesn't fold forward like my other ones. Not a big deal, just learn to mount and dismount different.
David
Hi Warlock - my backrest is installed but I haven't tested it on the road yet. To get on the bike have you been stepping on the left peg like you are getting on a horse? I don't know if I trust the strength of the side stand to do that. I don't want to bust a groin trying to lift my heel straight over the seat either...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Has anyone tried this rest with a Corbin?
Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Warlock - my backrest is installed but I haven't tested it on the road yet. To get on the bike have you been stepping on the left peg like you are getting on a horse? I don't know if I trust the strength of the side stand to do that. I don't want to bust a groin trying to lift my heel straight over the seat either...
That's the way I get on. I weigh 195 and hasn't broke yet. Sometimes I get on from the right side. Just have to make sure the bars are turned all the way to the left before getting on. I wouldn't worry about the side stand breaking. David

PS I had to set my back rest several times. When I first set mine I forgot to do it with my riding jacket on. Then I install a gel seat and ended up changing sides with the bracket to make it fit me better

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok...seriously considering purchasing a Dan's Driver's Backrest for my K6 Wee.

I am "thrifty", so I HATE shelling out $140 for this, but that may be exactly what I do.

Anyhow, how "adjustable is it"?

So, I have a Russell seat and prefer to sit a bit closer towards the tank instead of way stretched out. Like to stretch out sometimes, but I am trying to determine if the backrest can be adjusted far enough forward? Yea, I know, I won't know for sure until I put it on, but if anyone has one currently and can give me an idea of how far forward the adjustments actually go, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok...seriously considering purchasing a Dan's Driver's Backrest for my K6 Wee.

I am "thrifty", so I HATE shelling out $140 for this, but that may be exactly what I do.

Anyhow, how "adjustable is it"?

So, I have a Russell seat and prefer to sit a bit closer towards the tank instead of way stretched out. Like to stretch out sometimes, but I am trying to determine if the backrest can be adjusted far enough forward? Yea, I know, I won't know for sure until I put it on, but if anyone has one currently and can give me an idea of how far forward the adjustments actually go, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
They have 8 settings. The brackets has 4 holes in them. If you don't like any of the 4 setting swap sides with the brackets and it gives you 4 more different settings. I swapped my brackets cause I was setting too close with the gel seat. You shouldn't have any problems getting it the way you like it. Once I get me highway pegs on and can stretch my legs I can then see if the gel seat is gonna suit me. If not the Day Long will be my next seat.Here's a picture of my backrest.
David

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have mine installed as far forward as it will go, for 'full time contact' while riding. If I had it any further back I would have to slide back to use it. It may also be ordered with a sheepskin cover, so that would also make it a bit closer if you sit closer to the tank. I tested it for a 30km ride yesterday and it seems good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts