StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, this is embarrassing. So I have a 2007 Wee, which came with a set of oem hard luggage, both top and saddle bags.

Well, due to a completely inelegant exit from a parking garage and a slip on the throttle, I dinged (read: beyond repair) one of my saddlebags.

I've read that some oem hard luggage was made by Kappa back in those days, which is a GIVI sub-brand...? But that this luggage was not Kappa.

Anyone know what MFG this is from, or a good source of replacements? As I understand it, the racks that came with the luggage are pretty custom, ie most luggage won't fit it, so I replace the exact luggage OR i replace the rack system AND the saddlebags.

Here's a pic:

Help! :) :jawdrop:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Video

I would like to see the You Tube video of your parking lot exit. :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like a fairly minor ding. Are you afraid of the bag leaking or just don't like it being perfect? Buff it out a bit and leave it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like a fairly minor ding. Are you afraid of the bag leaking or just don't like it being perfect? Buff it out a bit and leave it.
Am I just missing something? I don't see an irreparable ding in the one picture provided? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I just missing something? I don't see an irreparable ding in the one picture provided? :confused:
That's the one that's remaining... The lonely twin, the left behind, the lone gunman. The other is a bit... fragmented.

I asked for insight into what manufacturer might have made these, And threw the pic in for ID purposes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
if the broken one is just a cracked case and can be "pieced" back together...repair it with some fiber glass on the inside and epoxy on the out...sand smooth and take both bags to a RHINO or LINE-X dealer and have them sprayed....you can have the dealer tape out the areas you don't want sprayed....

I've seen this done and it looks nice if done correctly...and it is durable....

Just a thought.......may save you big bucks

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I destroyed my luggage in a get off couple years ago. Get some Pelican or Sea Horse plastic boxes and bolt them on the stock bag frames. I removed the factory mounts and used those holes to bolt the new bags on.
I got the Sea Horse. Nice and sturdy.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's not side case drama. This is side case drama. Sorry about not finding the proper thread here as it has been posted before. I looked but it was easier to find at youtube.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I destroyed my luggage in a get off couple years ago. Get some Pelican or Sea Horse plastic boxes and bolt them on the stock bag frames. I removed the factory mounts and used those holes to bolt the new bags on.
I got the Sea Horse. Nice and sturdy.
Thanks for the tip. Lots of good info on this and other strom sites around that route.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used big fender washers and 1/4X20 bolts with nylon lock nuts to avoid them vibrating loose.
2 years later, still tight and sturdy.
Any way you could take a couple pictures ? ;) I would love to see what you put together.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's not side case drama. This is side case drama. Sorry about not finding the proper thread here as it has been posted before. I looked but it was easier to find at youtube.

You have me there, Greywolf. True drama. :)

Subtract the fall and that's not too far off what my less than stellar self pulled off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
IIRC, those bags fit either side of the bike. So a reasonable solution would be to replace the bags with aftermarket and recoup some of the outlay when some other rider has an inattentive moment :biggrinjester:

Glenn

·
Registered
88 Posts
I watched that video several times and the only thing that comes to mind (other than !!! oh $h!t !!!) is......WHO was filming it and why?

(does look like he landed on the dock below instead of the water....but I wonder if the bike fell on him?)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
He, in the video of stupid, is a moto journalist. I bleeb he fell in the boat and the bike fell on the dock.

I'd take pics but My camera doesn't talk to the computer and I can't find the operating disk.
I mounted my bags so they sit straight across, not slanted. A nice level place to rest a beverage when stopped.
Only weird thing is they are a bit wider in the front than the back. It seems the factory mounts are just like that.
Or when I crashed it bent the frames symmetrically.:confused:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

That is classic!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts