StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this over the weekend. Easy install (took longer to get out the tools and put the bike on the center stand than to install).

Everything was well made and fit properly. Frankly it would have cost me about $100 or more including labor if I had tried to make my own so $50 is a good deal and includes the oil cooler cover too!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Hi! Does anybody know if Dan is still selling these?
This was from a post he made on the VSRI forum back in 2015:

Re: My V-Strom Accessories - Dan Vesel
« REPLY #76 on: 02/16/15 2324 Hours »

We are officially closed and no longer producing our accessories for the DL650 and 1000. Over the last couple of years we had noticed a dramatic drop in interest in the V-Stroms and unfortunately sales of the accessories for them have followed. Thank you to our customers that made this venture over the years a fun and educational experience.

Ride safe.

Dan & Cheryldene

Update to the above, I continue to get requests for several of the accessories we offered that were shown on many of the threads at this forum. Long story short, I will, if an individual asks, provide them with the accessory they may need if they contact me directly at [email protected]. I really don't want to turn someone away that may be in need of a backrest or highway pegs that may have a real need (back or knee problems) for these items to be able to keep riding, I myself have both of these issues so I know firsthand how important these particular accessories can be.

Again, you will need to contact me directly at my personal email address - [email protected] - or call us at 509-928-1451 (we do have an answering machine for use when we are out so please leave a message and we will get back to you as quickly as possible), to check on availability and pricing as I do not frequent this site and won't be making any further posts pertaining to these products.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Dan made some nice products; I had his soft luggage standoff bar, and it was a simple, clever, well made piece.

I whipped up my own radiator guard back then out of some stuff I found at Lowe's for about 20 dollars. Basically just a piece of thick sheet steel (I think it was something like 16ga) and some metal screen. I cut the frame out of the sheet steel, and the metal screen was riveted to the frame. If I was going to do it again I'd have left a vertical center section in the frame to strengthen the screen, but all in all, it worked pretty well. It was bolted in place at the bottom, and zip tied at the top.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Replying to a thread nearly nine years old... is that a forum gravedigging record?

Reactions: chikosneff

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Eh, it doesn't surprise me. I've actually seen another recent thread on here asking about Dan. The OP probably googled "Dan Vessel", found this thread, and asked if Vessel was still around.

Nothing's ever dead on the Internet. Thank Jeebus there was no such thing as posting selfies back in the early 80s when I was a kid...I'd have a lot to worry about resurfacing.

·
Registered
15,225 Posts
"Replying to a thread nearly nine years old... is that a forum gravedigging record?"

I like to refer to these as "Tales From the Crypt."

These posts do refresh old ideas though. No harm done.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I still get emails asking if I'm still cutting HammerGrips tank grips. There are a lot of old threads and reviews, but I answer, yes, still doing them. :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts