StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dan Vesel highway pegs with Givi bars?

I'm learning this stuff the hard way. I now know the corrected speedo face does not fit an 03 DL1000 and Dan Vessels highway pegs are not intended for use with my crash bars. I successfully made my wallet a little lighter but haven't managed to make any improvements on the bike yet. :headbang:

Having bought the bike used with crash bars on it, I thought I had SW Motech bars. Now that I have the pegs (and I've done more research) it's pretty obvious I've got the Givi bars. Has anyone successfully modified the Dan Vesell pegs to work with the Givi bars? Dan has graciuously offered to take the pegs back even though it was my screw up, but I'd like to try to make 'em work if anyone has any suggestions.

:oops: I guess this should've gone in the 1000 specific forum. Noobs...:var_13:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mod

I believe the givi bars a 1" in diameter. Search for 1" rivco clamps in black. You can mount these anywhere you would like ( don't forget to use blue loctite). Then mount the hiway pegs using the provided hardware. Or you can return the hiway pegs and mount happy trails hiway pegs like I did, using a simple bracket I made.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mounting pegs to the Givi bars would not put them far enough forwward for me. I may look into the HT skid plate mount setup...I may even sell the Givis and buy some Motech bars.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts