StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my '09 vee it had 1700 miles on it. I understand the previous owner was just 19yo. Yes I remember the days when I knew everything about everything.
Anyway this young lad has turned every adjustment he could all the way "clockwise". The damping force adjustment screw slot is all screwed up and I can't move it either way. I was going to go back to OEM setting and go from there, can't move it.... Any suggestions on how to get the damping force screw to move. Note; around the screw are 3 "factory looking" straight marks / slots at 11 o'clock; 1 o'clock & 4 o'clock, any idea what they're for? Nothing in the owner or service manual about the marks. I'm sorry if there's a thread about this. I have a tough time finding stuff on this site.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
... Anyway this young lad has turned every adjustment he could all the way "clockwise"...
With the stock suspension that's actually about right. The springs are too soft, so adding preload helps prevent bottoming. (although it also causes harshness at the top of the stroke.) And there's barely enough rebound damping, so maxing that out makes sense.
The preferred solution is better suspension components. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts