StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the background, the suzuki dealer sent some dude from uship to pick up and drop off the strom for the recall. 2 weeks later the bike is delivered.

A day later when it was warm enough outside to look at the strom, I noticed the new oem suzuki hand guards I fitted were scuffed on the right side. There is also a scuff on the bar end. It looks like the bike was strapped down for delivery via the hand guard and the strap ripped out the handguard.

The extended screw that holds the handguard in place comes right out by hand. I've tried to screw it back in but there is nothing grabbing it. It will slide all the way in and out, yet the screw thread is not damaged.

I'm going to get the dealer to fix this but any idea on what part is busted?

·
Administrator
17,367 Posts
Sounds to me like it might have been dropped. The nut well is likely inside of the bar, that is what the long screw goes into and allows for the expansion of the rubber spacer. I simply have no trust in dealer techs, I have heard and seen more nightmares from service to infinitely scare me off.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I hate to even mention this but I'm guessing your dealer is going to put blame on: dude from uship
that guy.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I used a long Phillips head screw driver to retrieve the well nut once. I also used a telescoping magnet to pull a nut out of my bars before but I'm not sure if it were on one of my Stroms or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds to me like it might have been dropped. The nut well is likely inside of the bar, that is what the long screw goes into and allows for the expansion of the rubber spacer. I simply have no trust in dealer techs, I have heard and seen more nightmares from service to infinitely scare me off.
Yep this is true. I'm fortunate my Suzuki dealer has an independent contractor as a mechanic who owned his own shop. Absolutely excellent work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah they might have pushed the nut down the handlebars when attaching the hand guards, I did it accidentally when I put the hand guards on myself. As others have said, there are a few ways to get the nut back up to position so the bolt can screw into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts