StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUNDAY APR 4. scheduling a rte at the Dam Diner in Moss Bluff.11:30 am. The Dam Diner is located on Marion County Road 464c at the crossing over the Ocklawaha River. It is about 3 miles east Of Ocklawaha, Fl. We have a visitor from Michigan who wants to come from Jax and needs someone to lead him thru some of Floridas prettiest roads. Jax area strommer are wanted at this one. Please PM me if you are from the Jacksonville area and can help lead a fellow strommer down through Palatka and the Ocala National forest. Curt. Weestrom05

·
Registered
188 Posts
Easter is bad, how about Saturday the 3rd? I didn't come to Daytona as I planned to, but I can easily make the Dam Diner most anytime. :fineprint:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam Diner

My bad, I didnt realize that it was Easter Sunday. I will get together with Michiganstrom rider and reschedule this trip. No wonder no one has responded. Curt

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
What's wrong with eating on Easter?

Rabbits are a bit bony, but I understand they are delicious ...

... and if we get 'im before he has made all the deliveries,
we have all that chocolate for dessert! :green_lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, we need to change the date to the 3rd. I dont think the Diner will be open on the 4th. Please PM me if you can make it and I will make arrangements at the diner as to how many to expect. I am going up to that area on Sunday. Curt

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Is this RTE going to happen? :confused: I was planning to ride up to the Reddick / Williston area to visit my brother on the 3rd. If it's still on I will plan to stop by the Dam Diner for lunch and to meet some other troopers.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
No promises, but ...

I plan to attend this lunch meeting.

I enjoy riding in little bunches, and I enjoy riding alone. RTE meetings often
provide each of these experiences, plus enlightenment and camaraderie.

Add some fresh air and sunshine and scenery and ... there you are, most of the reasons for getting a motorcycle. All that's missing is bad weather, and I can do without that.

When I know for sure, I will letcha know.

Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
yes, I do believe I don't need much provocation to go for a ride. I plan on attending which ever date the majority can make it.

Brunch or lunch my plan is to be there,

Clem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unfortuatly, my atendance at this event has been curtailed by a broken leg. No motorcycle for 6 to 8 weeks. Curt

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
unfortuatly, my atendance at this event has been curtailed by a broken leg. No motorcycle for 6 to 8 weeks. Curt
Wow, that seriously sucks!:thumbdown: Just as the best riding weather is breaking. Get well and back in the saddle soon.

·
Registered
290 Posts
3rd

Guys, I will be there to ride on the 3rd. Remember that Easter is on the 4th so we switched the date to the third. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Michiganstromrider

·
Registered
101 Posts
broken leg?

Hey Curt

Excuse me for lurking (wish I lived closer to join you guys for your weekend adventures). . .

Wishing you a speedy recovery. . .what happened?

Barry

·
Registered
776 Posts
Now Barry, it's only a short ride, and yes we expect you to join us.

I spoke with Curt yesterday and he sounded ok. I am sure he will chime in soon.

The ride is still on for Saturday the 3rd. I will meet anyone who wants to go up the at the diner at the same time. If you want to ride from ST. Pete, just give me a shout.

Clem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
'Guys, I rode my bike to the accident , not in the accident. I went to Ocala after riding through the Sugarloaf area north of Clermomt with the Pinkman. Had a great time although we encountered a traffic jam.. I left him and went on up to The Vllages to help my handicapped sister. We were cleaning the siding on her house whenI decided there was a quicker way to dismount a stepladder.Take my word for it dont try it. I broke my right lower leg in3 separate places. After surgery Sunday afternoon im in almost as good as new condition. I just have a 6 to 8 week recuperation time. Im going to be back on the bike as quick as possible. Its my right leg and they are going to put a walking boot on it in two weeks. Since the only function for my right leg is rear brake I think I can operate the prodigal in a walking boot. Curt

1 - 20 of 99 Posts