StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this combo? Has anyone had handling problems with their wee strom when mixing different brand tires? Any recomendations?

Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but am also interested in this topic. I like the way the Trailwings last, so am considering fitting a Bridgestone 020 on the front (stickier tyre so more confidence in the front end) and a 'Wing on the back (lasts forever and the bike doesn't have the grunt to overcome the grip offered). So I too am interested to hear others experience with doing this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
tire brand mix

I have been running a Metzeler Tourance on the rear and the OEM Bridgestone on front for the past year.

I have not had any handling problems with them.

However, to me it's like one of those questions about running with a patched tire or not.
It is always on my mind and I do wonder if it will ever get me into trouble.

I have become more relaxed with running on a mixed set. I always told myself that the first time I feel something screwy the front was getting changed. Now it looks like it might last until I need a new set.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems but one thing to remember is the tires could heat up at different rates so take it easy until they are up to temps. I'm runnig a BT020 front and an Anakee rear right now with no problems.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The only tires that scared me were worn out tires which had their geometry altered by wear ie squared off etc. I have used all kinds of mismatches on bikes due to $$$, no other tire availible etc. Never had a problem. I doubt you will have any trouble at all.

B

·
0 Posts
The D607 is supposed to be a great tire. Why not just replace BOTH. These tires have gotten really good reviews, I wonder why more people aren't using them. I will either go to these or the Metzelers. I have never been fond of mixing tires. Two of the most important things that my Dad ever taught me.... "don't EVER get cheap on tires or brakes"!! :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts