StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
The beak is here to stay. Ha ha........there's an outfit on Ebay selling aftermarket "Beaks" that you ADD to your existing Vstrom.....!!!:green_lol:
Are they made out of silicon??

·
Registered
211 Posts
I enjoy reading John Burns. This is a very good review for the new Strom. I may have to have a talk with the Minister of Finance...:bom_thinking2:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I examined the bike at the IMS I saw that the beak on the new 1000 is made of very thin plastic, and it looked like it was held on by three small connection points and easily can be removed and left off, modified, or replaced to taste.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I think if you hit a deer with the beaked bike, you'dehave a better chance of serving venison for dinner.

So it is functional.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think if you hit a deer with the beaked bike, you'dehave a better chance of serving venison for dinner. So it is functional.
You know what they say. A man with a big beak is a man with a big ... ;)

I think that, secretly, many v-strom owners have quietly suffered from the heartbreak of 'beak envy'. You know, that feeling of inadequacy when you park next to a GS at Starbucks. You try not to look. But out of the corner of your eye, you sneak a peak and catch yourself thinking, "look at the size of that thing."

Some GS owners actually add 'beak extenders'. Those are the guys with inferiority complexes. After all, its not the size of the beak, but how you use it.

·
Registered
211 Posts

I think that, secretly, many v-strom owners have quietly suffered from the heartbreak of 'beak envy'. You know, that feeling of inadequacy when you park next to a GS at Starbucks. You try not to look. But out of the corner of your eye, you sneak a peak and catch yourself thinking, "look at the size of that thing."

Some GS owners actually add 'beak extenders'. Those are the guys with inferiority complexes. After all, its not the size of the beak, but how you use it.
I was going to tell you a joke about my beak, but it's too long.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
191 Posts
So here's something that's semi-annoying.......

I am seeing many shots of the Adventure Version (the very one I have on hold for my April delivery), in Red and sometimes Khaki, and then some in black. I am told it will only be offered in the US market in black. I would have preferred Red as it looks like a Multistrada, but black looks fine too.....even though it seems to be my only choice........kinda like the Edsel. :yesnod:

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the beak is ugly but I prefer it over having nothing like the Tenere which looks uglier, praying mantis looking thing.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
When I examined the bike at the IMS I saw that the beak on the new 1000 is made of very thin plastic, and it looked like it was held on by three small connection points and easily can be removed and left off, modified, or replaced to taste.
Do you think it might work as an atheletic protector?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Apparently Red is a cop magnet. The Black hides the beak the best IMO. At least in the pictures I have seen.

I really wonder what the beak on this bike will look like covered in bugs in Summer. There appear to be a few spaces for bugs to Kamikaze onto.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Or is it "The bigger the Beak, the smaller the Ranch"?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts