StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my bike with a big 'ol touring screen. It's nice, but it's summer. I got ahold of an old stock windshield and want to cut it down some to make a nice, clean arflow. I have no intention of ever looking through it at any thing since I'm going to paint it black. My initial thought was cut it right down to the mounting holes, but that might be too much! So I settled for -4.5 from stock. Still, I can't put any back on after it comes off so I thought that I'd check and see who has trimmed their stock shild, by how much, how they feal about it and what it looks like.

I'm 6 feet even and 220# on a gell seat.

Thanks
Ken

M

·
0 Posts
Run a search. There are a couple of threads about chopping shields.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have been searching through search results for 45 min before I posted. It appears that I didn't find the information that I was looking for. I actualy remember seeing a pic of a guy's bike with the shield painted balck and cut all the way down but I couldn't find that either.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Run a search. There are a couple of threads about chopping shields.
Come on Shep. Give the guy a break. Crap...yer always hasslin' people about searchin' for stuff...lighten up. ;)

You should learn to be a helpful, constructive, team player....like me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the one I was looking for! I think I'm going to whack off three inches for now and try it that way.....

Naw....He's looking for the pic of the good looking one....

I cut 3.5" off, much more airflow, constant, not disturbed air. On a 2006 DL1000 with a 650 seat and a 5'10" pilot with a 30" inseam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts