StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody build some kind of custom rack to hold your top case in the garage? I seem to ride with mine off about 50% of the time when I don't need it. Just looking for some ideas to maybe build a holder of some type to mount on the wall to hold the top case so it's not sitting on the floor or precariously on one of the bar stools.

Pics would be nice if you have them. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
When my Givi E460 isn't on my Wee, I mount it on this stand. It locks on securely and it's mobile so I can store the Givi in various locations. :mrgreen:

pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it's a Givi, the hard parts (the bottom mounting bolts and the latch) could be mounted to a piece of wood, and that could be hung on a wall. I think I had read that Givi could supply that hardware separately, but I'd be on the lookout for a cheap, trashed set of racks.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although when you consider how far it will stick out from the wall, a simple shelf might work as well or better.
Yeah, figured throwing a shelf up is probably the easiest way. Just looking for maybe some cool suggestions. I built a custom rack to hold the tour pak of my Ultra on the wall, figured I'd do something similar. I'll give it some thought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes you could buy another Givi mounting plate and Mcgyver it to the wall, or you can just go to Wal Mart and buy a shelf. If you're really paranoid, a shelf and a bungee cord to keep it on.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I built this for Givi cases and what ever other bike gear. Just one shelf for now, may add another later. Overkill, nahhh, just good enough and fun to make. Be a a lot cheaper to just get 12" deep shelf brackets and put a piece of 16" deep plywood on it, but that wouldn't have been as fun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Similar project here, except I am mounting side cases to the walls of my enclosed trailer.

I have purchased mounting kits for each type of bag, and used appropriate screws/wood to attach them to the wall. no reason you could not do this with a top box. infact my GIVI E41's and my top boxes use the same mounts.

OldMedic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts