StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a new Kawasaki ER-6n. Like most factory seats - this one sucks. We going to send it somewhere to have the height raised (wife's 5'10") about 1.5 to 2", eliminate the forward slant, and add gel insert.

I found two companies via internet search: Mean City Cycles and Cycle Seat Craft. Anybody have any experience with either of these companies? Any other recommendations?

Winter is just about here in NW Indiana and her riding season is over until next season, so we've got plenty of time.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The best way is to always to have a local shop modify it just the way that fits best with trial fittings as the job goes along. You might check local upholstry shops and ask if they can rebuild the seat to her needs.

I had Spencer modify my Wee seat. It took two tries and he was very gracious about getting it right. He will not raise the seating position. There are always the usual suspects for custom seats...Sargent, Russell, Corbin, Bill Mayer, Rick Mayer, Rich's. Rich's will modify a stock seat as well as make a new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts