StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in central Indiana want a luggage rack for their Strom similar to the one pictured? I'll make it for the cost of materials if you bring your bike over to my Indianapolis shop for an hour or so .

I need to get the mount hole dimensions off of a Vee and a Wee if possible.

Let me know.

Thanks!!!!

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another view. This BMW rack that I made is a two piece rack system with a smaller "permanent" rack bolted to the bike and a larger "temporary" rack bolted to the smaller rack...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks Eric. That's a different idea - do you just pile stuff on it and secure with bungees?

Al

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al -
Pretty much. This is a friend's BMW GS that I made a rack for. He used two Rok Straps ( http://www.rokstraps.com/motorbike_adjustable.html ) to secure a large (18" X 32") Chase Harper duffle to the bike. The bag held enough gear for he and his wife to take a four week tour of Southwestern USA. Two straps was more than enough to hold it securely.

I've also made two piece racks for Honda ST1300's. One guy wanted one made in the dimensions of his MotoFizz bag and added a hinged plate on the back for added security.

Just thought some Strom riders might like something like this, but so far no takers <gg>.

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
]
[/URL]

Here's the ST rack with a smaller flip up plate that he requested. I used locking hinges to hold the plate vertical. It could be locked at any angle or folded underneath to keep it out of the way....
[/img]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This one was really unique. Mounted in front of a top box and over the passenger seat. Had to make it flip up to gain access to tools located underneath the seat.

This guy us an Iron Butt rider and had some specific requirements that he just couldn't find in any other rack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
]
[/URL]

Here's the rack lifted to get to the rear seat I had to custom make the hinge for this one due to size restrictions...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They were there for a week or so - must go off of the host site after that.
I'll try to put soem up again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts