StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking up the laws regulating axillary lights in my state (Illinois).

I find this curious:
(625 ILCS 5/12‑203)

Sec. 12‑203. Lamps on parked vehicles.
(a) During the period from sunset to sunrise every motorcycle or motor vehicle which is standing on any highway shall display a parking light on the front and at the rear of the same.

There are no parking lights (front) on the V Strom.

My Concours 14 did have running lights (parking lights) front and back.

I have a friend in Minnesota who was pulled over for have two 3.5 inch Aux lights, because the officer interrupted the state laws against having more than two illuminated headlights to include his Auxiliaries.

By the way here is the ILL. law I was looking for:

(625 ILCS 5/12‑207)
Sec. 12‑207. Spot lamps and auxiliary driving lamps.

(b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed three auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 12 inches nor more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands.

·
Registered
980 Posts
(b) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed three auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than 12 inches nor more than 42 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands.
Remind me not drive my Monte Carlo in Illinois then. The factory driving lights are only about 8 inches above the pavement.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
the parking lights come on when you have the key turned off one notch past lock on the tripple
But it's only the tail light on North American models. The Euro bikes and some other countries have little white parking lights in the top points of the headlights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts